Airbnb Experiences: Ask PF What Are Yours?

• Thread starter StatGuy2000
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Airbnb and booking.com for booking rooms and the experiences of those who have used them. The majority of experiences have been positive, with only a few minor issues such as a bad smell in one apartment. Some have also used Airbnb for renting out rooms, with one person having a positive experience. However, there is also mention of increasing prices and fees on Airbnb, while booking.com has become cheaper and offers both hotels and apartments.
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask PF if any of you have used airbnb to book rooms, and what has been your experience with doing so.

I'm also curious in the converse -- that is, if any of you have actually rented out rooms through airbnb, and your experiences on that front.

Physics news on Phys.org
I use airbnb and booking.com for everything now. I usually don't have ANY issues. One apartment in Paris was really bad smelling (cigarettes), so I called airbnb and they rebooked me somewhere immediately. In Prague the apartment was a little mildew smelling, but I just dealt with it.

But other than those I've had nothing but success with the apartments themselves.

Airbnb though has been going up in price and fees, and I think booking.com has gotten cheaper (they also have apartments in addition to hotels)

StatGuy2000 said:
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask PF if any of you have used airbnb to book rooms, and what has been your experience with doing so.

I'm also curious in the converse -- that is, if any of you have actually rented out rooms through airbnb, and your experiences on that front.

My friend has used it for accommodation last weekend and she had a good experience.

I used Airbnb to book an apartment for a week in Manhatten near Union Square. Perfect Experience, everything went smooth, loved it. Owner let us use her Transit card, even. Could not have gone better.

Related to Airbnb Experiences: Ask PF What Are Yours?

1. What are Airbnb Experiences?

Airbnb Experiences are activities or events that are hosted by locals in a specific location, allowing travelers to have a unique and authentic experience during their trip. These experiences can range from cooking classes and cultural tours to outdoor adventures and workshops.

2. How do I book an Airbnb Experience?

To book an Airbnb Experience, you first need to have an Airbnb account. Once you have logged in, you can browse through the available experiences in your desired location and select the one that interests you. You can then choose a date and time, and complete the booking process by making a payment.

3. Are Airbnb Experiences safe?

Airbnb takes safety very seriously and has measures in place to ensure the safety of its users. All experience hosts go through a verification process, and their experiences are also reviewed by Airbnb before they are listed. Additionally, Airbnb offers a 24/7 support team and a $1 million Host Guarantee for any damages or accidents that may occur during an experience.

4. Can I cancel or change an Airbnb Experience?

Yes, you can cancel or change an Airbnb Experience, but the policies may vary depending on the experience and the host. Some experiences may have a strict cancellation policy, while others may allow changes up to a certain time before the experience. It is best to review the cancellation policy before booking an experience.

5. What is the difference between an Airbnb Experience and an Airbnb accommodation?

An Airbnb Experience is an activity or event that is hosted by a local, while an Airbnb accommodation is a place to stay during your trip. Experiences are typically shorter in duration and have a specific focus, while accommodations are longer in duration and provide a place to sleep and live during your trip.