Alg 2 with trig jr yr. Precalculus sr year

In summary, the speaker struggled with advanced algebra II and trigonometry in their junior year due to not applying themselves. They passed with a C- and are now concerned about the difficulty of advanced precalculus, which they have heard is a review of algebra II. They struggle with graphing and are worried about how their low math grade will affect their performance in physics. The expert summarizes that precalculus is not necessarily a review of algebra II, but it builds upon concepts from that course. They also suggest that the low math grade may indirectly affect performance in physics if the speaker does not have a strong foundation in basic concepts. The expert advises the speaker to put effort into their math classes and reassures them that their precalculus class
austim14
I struggled in adv alg 2 with trig my jr year. Some of it may have been me not applyling myslef this year. I passed with a C- (77%). How bad is that? And for my senior year I am going to take adv precalculus. People say its a review of alg 2. Is that true? I think the thing i struggle with most and math is graphing. And I am taking physics next year. Will my low math grade affect my performance in physics. Strangely, my science grades are higher than my math grades. Any advice or thoughts? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Precal isn't necessarily a review of Algebra II, but it really depends on how deep your teacher dove. Precal is more of an extension of concepts from Algebra II that bridges to calculus (functions, polar coordinates, trig, etc.). To answer your second question, your low grade does will not directly affect your physics grade, but it might indirectly, if you do not know the basic concepts behind the equations that are involved and presented to you in physics. If you think you're capable of doing alright in math classes, you should be fine, since your Precal class will renew and refresh some of those Alg. II concepts near the beginning. Just actually try. Other than that, I can't give you much.

FAQ: Alg 2 with trig jr yr. Precalculus sr year

What is Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr?

Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr is a high school level math course that combines algebra and trigonometry concepts. It is typically taken during the junior year of high school.

What topics are covered in Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr?

Some of the topics covered in Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr include quadratic equations, logarithms, exponential functions, trigonometric functions, and conic sections.

Why is Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr important?

Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr is important because it builds upon the fundamental algebra and trigonometry skills acquired in earlier math courses. It also prepares students for more advanced math courses such as calculus.

What is the difference between Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr and Precalculus Sr Year?

Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr focuses on the basics of algebra and trigonometry, while Precalculus Sr Year delves deeper into these concepts and also introduces new topics such as limits, vectors, and polar coordinates.

What are some tips for success in Alg 2 with Trig Jr Yr and Precalculus Sr Year?

Some tips for success in these courses include practicing consistently, seeking help from teachers or tutors when needed, and staying organized with notes and assignments.