An experiment against the second law of thermodynamics

Vanadium 50 said:
Again, you are discussing a heat engine. You extract work by having part of it at one temperature and part at another. The fact that the components are electrical and not mechanical is irrelevant.

Imagining one part kept at absolute zero, even implicitly, gets you a Perpetual Motion Machine. We do not discuss these here, but armies of people have tried to make them, and have them "almost work - as soon as I get this last part right."
I'm sorry, probably I was not able to ask question properly. I didn't want to suggest Perpetual Motion Machine. I wanted to ask - is it possible to determine which volt-ampere characteristics are allowed by 2nd law of thermodynamics and which are not?

Science news on Phys.org
lerus said:
is it possible to determine which volt-ampere characteristics are allowed by 2nd law of thermodynamics and which are not?
For the third time, no. Voltage and current are not the only two relevant quantities. Temperature is as well. You cannot sensibly discuss thermodynamics and ignore temperature.

Likes lerus
Vanadium 50 said:
For the third time, no. Voltage and current are not the only two relevant quantities. Temperature is as well. You cannot sensibly discuss thermodynamics and ignore temperature.
Thank you, I think I understood at last. Energy will flow from hotter body to colder, as it should.
If temperature of one of the bodies is ##0##, this body will be able to extract energy from any other body. It means that we created Perpetual Motion Machine, which is not possible.
Thank you for being so patient.