An Introduction 'Cause They Said So

• Thread starter Indi SUmmers
  • Start date
Indi SUmmers
Good Morning! My name is Indi.

So...

I'm not a Physics Major. I'm not a Physicist. In fact, I'm not even in college, right now...

Ever since I was about 4 years old, I've loved the concept of Physics. I would dream about concepts and write down theories for the sake of getting them out of my head and onto paper. This is a great secret. When I was in school, I was a Theatre/Arts major, but due to the ability to only major in one subject, Physics was overlooked. Now that I'm a tad older (and, daresay, a tiny bit wiser), I've decided to get three degrees. This wasn't a fly-by-night decision. It's something I've sincerely thought about for ten years.

At any rate, my Physics and Science passion is unrequited. NO ONE knows this about me. I have no one to talk to about burning questions at the back of my brain. I want to become a physicist. I am deeply in love with nuclear physics, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, and theoretical physics.

In high school, I got outstanding scores in math and all around the board, but something terrible happened when I was attending that culiminated in such a hodge-podge of a mess that I just couldn't pursue my education in these fields any longer.

I really REALLY want to secretly study Physics at college again. I currently work two full-time jobs to try and pay for my degrees. Granted, I will probably have to go to Community College and attempt to make stellar (heheh) sctores so that senpai will notice me (heheh), but that's why I'm here.

I need friends. I need people to help me answer the big questions. I need encouragement and I need guidance. So here I am.

I'm most likely going to be that dumbass in the back of the room lurking, but I have no other way to be until I learn.

Anyway, I've read through these forums often in the passing years, lurking, reading about other concepts for fun. I figured I'd say hello and that I deeply appreciate all of the minds culminating in this community. I look forward to, hopefully, making some friends that can help stoke the ember of my *very* secret passion.

I am 29 years old. Living in fabulous (AND HOT AS HELL) Las Vegas. It's very nice to meet you. <3

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you. It's going to be a long and humiliating experience. :)