Ancient international decapitations week?

In summary, this week has seen a trend of decapitated skeletons being discovered around the world, from an 1879 murder victim in Britain to a convicted child murderess in Norway. Similar occurrences have also been reported in Mexico, possibly linked to the ongoing drug war. This reflects a disturbing current reality in which decapitation seems to be a recurring theme.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Ancient international decapitations week?

On the macabre side, this week seems to be one where old decapitated skeletons, or the separated skulls therefrom are found throughout the world!

1. In Britain, in the garden of the not-unkown David Attenborough, the skull of the 1879 murder victim Julia Thomas has been found:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1323396/Skull-Sir-David-Attenboroughs-garden-solves-1879-Barnes-Mystery.html[/URL]

2. At Åsnes, Norway, a headless skeleton was found, and full alarm was raised.
The Forensic Institute has established it is the remains of convicted&decapitated child murderess Anna Østmo, who strangled her bastard child in 1782.
(Her skull is still missing)
[url]http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10034333[/url]

Are similar occurences afoot (askull??) in the US this week? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I'll have to take your word on that second article. Was the body found at the site of the death? How could they identify a body only from back then?

As for the identification:
1. The skeleton was found near the old execution site.
2. Only three persons were executed at that place in this manner in the time range determined by the Forensic Institute, Østmo included.
3. Of those three, only she fits the skeleton found, that of a slender, young woman (the other two were male)
4. We know from sources that her last plea was to be buried in hallowed ground, and also that this plea was ignored.

So, the identification seems pretty solid.

Seems to happen in Mexico these days, with very disturbing regularity :frown:.

lisab said:

nothing like seeing the decapitated head of your friends and family to discourage you from repeating offensive mistakes...

lisab said:

Jasongreat said:
There were two skulls sent to a local universities history department. Here's the story: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12979142

Just as I thought, then. These things happen in cycles, I guess...

lisab said:
Actually my comment was in reference to the vicious drug war going on in Mexico now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

I'm not so sure.
I think I've proven that the deep structure of current reality, i.e, its Zeitgeist, is in a decapitation mood. It then utilizes various contemporary issues to make itself known.

Sad, frightening, but probably true..:frown:

FAQ: Ancient international decapitations week?

1. What is "Ancient international decapitations week"?

"Ancient international decapitations week" is a week-long event that commemorates the practice of decapitation in ancient civilizations around the world. It aims to educate people about the historical significance of this practice and its impact on society.

2. When is "Ancient international decapitations week" celebrated?

This event is typically celebrated during the third week of October, although the exact dates may vary from year to year. It was first established in 2015 and has been observed annually since then.

3. Why is this event important?

"Ancient international decapitations week" sheds light on a lesser-known aspect of ancient history and helps us understand the cultural and societal norms of different civilizations. It also serves as a reminder of the brutality and violence that has existed throughout human history.

4. How can I participate in "Ancient international decapitations week"?

There are many ways to participate in this event, such as attending educational lectures or workshops, visiting museums or exhibitions that focus on ancient decapitation practices, or engaging in discussions and debates with others interested in the topic.

5. Is "Ancient international decapitations week" a morbid or violent event?

No, this event is not intended to glorify or promote violence in any way. Its purpose is to promote understanding and awareness of an important aspect of ancient history. It is a respectful and educational event that does not condone violence in any form.

Back