Ansys Maxwell error when moving a magnetic core and a copper cylinder with a hole

Valentin1999
Hello.
I have a magnetic core and a copper cylinder with a hole. I ask the cylinder to rotate and the magnet to move from left to right. I want to calculate Foucault currents in a copper cylinder, but an error appears.
"Failture in handing multiply connected region to eddy current. 1. Band definition. 2. Moving object in the band should be wrapped by a container object"
I Need a help.
IMG_20231019_115412.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
Were you able to figure this error out yet?

Can you post a screenshot of the geometry and the movement? I'm not able to tie your description of the geometry to the figure that I see on your screen...

Related to Ansys Maxwell error when moving a magnetic core and a copper cylinder with a hole

1. Why am I encountering errors when moving a magnetic core and a copper cylinder with a hole in Ansys Maxwell?

Errors can occur due to several reasons, including mesh quality issues, improper boundary conditions, or incorrect material properties. When moving geometries, the mesh may become distorted or invalid, leading to simulation errors. Additionally, the interaction between the magnetic core and the copper cylinder needs to be properly defined to avoid convergence issues.

2. How can I improve mesh quality to prevent errors in Ansys Maxwell?

To improve mesh quality, ensure that the mesh is fine enough to capture the details of the geometry, especially around edges and holes. Use adaptive meshing techniques and refine the mesh in regions with high field gradients. Checking and adjusting the mesh settings, such as element size and growth rate, can also help in achieving a more accurate and stable simulation.

3. What boundary conditions should be applied to avoid errors when moving components in Ansys Maxwell?

Proper boundary conditions are crucial for accurate simulations. Ensure that the boundaries of the simulation domain are set correctly, such as applying magnetic insulation or symmetry boundary conditions where appropriate. Also, make sure that moving parts have consistent and correctly defined boundary conditions throughout their motion to avoid discontinuities and errors.

4. How do material properties affect the simulation when moving a magnetic core and a copper cylinder in Ansys Maxwell?

Material properties, such as magnetic permeability and electrical conductivity, significantly impact the simulation results. Ensure that the materials are defined accurately, and their properties are correctly assigned to the respective components. Any mismatch or incorrect definition can lead to errors and inaccurate results, especially when dealing with moving parts and their interactions.

5. What steps can I take to debug and resolve errors related to moving geometries in Ansys Maxwell?

To debug and resolve errors, start by checking the error messages and logs for specific details. Verify the geometry for any inconsistencies or overlaps. Re-examine the mesh quality and refine it if necessary. Ensure that boundary conditions and material properties are correctly defined. Additionally, performing a static analysis before introducing motion can help identify potential issues. If the problem persists, consider simplifying the model or consulting Ansys support for further assistance.