Any alternatives to Tracker from physlets?

sirlimonada
TL;DR Summary
Any alternatives to tracker for tracking moving objects? Paid or free
Are there any alternatives to tracker for tracking moving objects? Paid or free
Most of my issues with tracker are related to working with large files or videos that are long, it is really slow or it just doesn't work

Physics news on Phys.org
Tell us what you actually want to do - track snails or space ships? Also, can you give us (lazy hound dogs) a link / reference to the 'tracker' you are asking about?

sophiecentaur said:
Tell us what you actually want to do - track snails or space ships? Also, can you give us (lazy hound dogs) a link / reference to the 'tracker' you are asking about?
Tracking snails I'd say most of the time haha
I'm referring to Tracker from Physlets
Currently, I'm not trying to track anything extremely fast. The way the program I'm referring to works, is by processing frame by frame, so the more frames there are, the slower the software gets, and sometimes really buggy, whether it's because I put a short 120FPS (frames per second) video or a long 30 FPS video.

• Informative
Likes berkeman
sirlimonada said:
Currently, I'm not trying to track anything extremely fast.
So it's laboratory scale one dimensional motion with speeds up tp a couple of metres per second. It's important to know what your actual application is because, these days, the datalogging can be a very minor part of any school-type experiment.
I'd be inclined to grab tracker and use it for whatever experiments you choose. Become an 'expert' with it and then you will have learned what's lacking in tracker and move on.
From "i'm not trying to track anything extremely fast" it appears you're still a bit vague about what you actually want to do. Look at simple pendulums, cars running down ramps and collisions between trolleys; easy to set up.
Unless you have a specific idea, in which case you would have to describe it. There's hours of fun involved with this sort of practical investigation.