Any french universities for math?

• Schools
  • Thread starter theoristo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universities
In summary, the person is looking for universities for undergraduate studies in math and physics. They are restricted to French universities due to cost and background checks. While France has produced many great mathematicians, there is criticism of its system. Other European universities may offer better options and affordability, and it is important to research the reputation and credentials of the universities being considered.
theoristo
I 'm looking for universities for undergraduate studies in math/physics ,in which if I work hard enough will let me pursue a good career and enjoy and understand what I'm doing...I'm Algerian,so the only universtities I can go to are french ,because of the cost and because they don't do a whole background checking like the american universities do.I've seen that a lot of good mathematicians come from France,but there is some criticizm of it made by famous mathematician V.I Arnold( http://pauli.uni-muenster.de/~munsteg/arnold.html ) who taught there .What do you suggest?

Physics news on Phys.org
I understand that cost and background checks are an important factor for you in choosing a university. It is true that France has produced many great mathematicians, however, it is also true that there is some criticism of the French system. I think that it would be best to consider all of your options carefully before making a decision.In addition to French universities, you could also look into universities in other European countries. Many European countries have top universities that specialize in math and physics, and they may offer better options than those found in France. Additionally, some of these universities may be more affordable than French universities. Finally, you should research the reputation and credentials of the universities that you are considering. This will help you to make sure that you are getting the best education possible and that the university will be able to provide you with the resources that you need to pursue a successful career in math and physics.

Related to Any french universities for math?

What are the top universities in France for studying math?

The top universities in France for studying math are Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS), Universite Paris-Saclay, Universite Paris Diderot, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC), and Ecole Polytechnique.

Are there any universities in France that offer math courses in English?

Yes, there are several universities in France that offer math courses in English, such as Universite Paris-Saclay, Universite Paris Diderot, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC).

What is the application process like for French universities for math?

The application process for French universities for math may vary depending on the university, but generally, international students are required to submit an application form, transcripts, standardized test scores (such as the SAT or ACT), and proof of proficiency in French or English. Some universities may also require letters of recommendation and a personal statement.

What are the tuition fees for studying math at a French university?

Tuition fees for studying math at a French university can vary depending on the university and the level of study. On average, international students can expect to pay around 2,770 EUR per year for undergraduate programs and 3,770 EUR per year for graduate programs. However, some universities may offer scholarships or financial aid to international students.

Are there any opportunities for research or internships at French universities for math students?

Yes, many French universities offer opportunities for research and internships for math students. You can inquire with the university or the math department for specific opportunities and requirements. Some universities may also have partnerships with research institutions or companies that offer internships for math students.

Back