Anyone been to a Savannah Bananas Baseball Game?

berkeman
Mentor
This is pretty funny. I've seen some quick videos on Facebook, but did not know the details of this traveling baseball team (they have an opponent team that travels with them).

1723841956731.png

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

They've played at some pretty big stadiums in the US (and even sold them out), and if they come to a ballpark near me, I might just go check them out! The modified rules are pretty cool:

Yet there are actual rules:
  1. Win the Inning, Win the Point: Games are won on points, and points go to whichever team scores the most runs in an inning. Except in the last inning, wherein every run counts as a point.
  2. 2-Hour Time Limit: No new inning can start when the clock hits zero.
  3. No Stepping Out: Batters who step out have earned themselves a strike.
  4. No Bunting: The act is grounds for automatic ejection.
  5. Steals of 1st Base Are Allowed: The batter can take off for first on any pitch that gets by the catcher.
  6. No Walks: If there is a ball four, the batter sprints out of the box and takes as many bases as possible, and every defensive player must touch the ball before attempting to tag the runner out.
  7. No Mound Visits: They just slow things down.
  8. Fans Are Defenders: If a fan catches the ball, it's an out.
  9. Showdown Tiebreaker: If the game is tied after nine innings or when time expires, it defaults to a one-on-one match between batter and pitcher, with only one fielder. The batter's goal is to score, while the defense's goal is to strike him out or at least keep the batter from scoring if they put the ball in play.
  10. Fan Challenge: Any spectator can challenge any ruling.
  11. Golden Batter Rule: A team can send any batter to hit at any spot in the lineup.

Likes BillTre and dwarde
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
This is pretty funny. I've seen some quick videos on Facebook, but did not know the details of this traveling baseball team (they have an opponent team that travels with them).

View attachment 349997

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

They've played at some pretty big stadiums in the US (and even sold them out), and if they come to a ballpark near me, I might just go check them out! The modified rules are pretty cool:
I didn't realize they were so much like the Globe Trotters.
Tour with another team.
Lots of performance going on.

Sounds fun.

BillTre said:
I didn't realize they were so much like the Globe Trotters.
Tour with another team.
The article mentioned that one difference from the Globe Trotters is that the GT always win their games, while the Bananas do not. :smile:

Likes BillTre
From my FB feed today, LOL. :smile:

Sorry. Not sorry. These are too funny...

Back