Anyone else feel like there's something wrong with this?

• Thread starter Whovian
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how some may view the questions on the Oracle Java tutorial as testing their vocabulary rather than their understanding of Object-oriented programming concepts. However, it is argued that a strong understanding of OOP is necessary to answer the questions correctly and the tutorial is meant to serve as a check for comprehension of previous material.
Technology news on Phys.org
One or two question out of the bunch , can be considered to revolve around OOPs central concept directly.
Well , most of the questions seems to test one's vocabulary but they can not be answered without proper understanding of OOPs main and basic concepts.

Whovian, you may have a point, but this is one tutorial in a course of many. I would guess you need to understand the technical meaning of various words before you can understand the future tutorials.

I would go as far as to say that the page is not intended to be a general test of one's understanding of OOP, but is considered as a help for the reader to check that he/she understood what was said in the previous slides of the tutorial.

I understand your concern. It is important for educational materials to focus on the central concepts and principles of a subject, rather than simply testing vocabulary knowledge. However, it is also important to have a strong understanding of terminology in order to effectively communicate and apply these concepts. Perhaps the material could benefit from a better balance between vocabulary and central concepts. It may also be helpful to actively engage with the material and practice applying the concepts in real-world scenarios, in order to solidify understanding and avoid a focus on rote memorization of vocabulary.

FAQ: Anyone else feel like there's something wrong with this?

1. What do you mean by "something wrong"?

By "something wrong", I am referring to a feeling of unease or a sense that something is not quite right in a situation. It could be a gut instinct or a suspicion that something is off.

2. Is this feeling common?

Yes, this feeling is very common and is often referred to as intuition. It is a natural response to our surroundings and can serve as a warning sign for potential problems.

3. How do I know if my feeling is valid?

It is important to trust your intuition, but also to gather more information and evidence to support your feeling. Pay attention to any red flags or inconsistencies in the situation that may validate your intuition.

4. Can my feeling be influenced by bias or personal experiences?

Yes, our feelings and perceptions can be influenced by our personal experiences and biases. It is important to acknowledge and consider these factors, but also to objectively evaluate the situation and gather evidence before making a judgment.

5. What should I do if I have this feeling?

If you have a feeling that something is wrong, it is important to assess the situation and gather more information. If necessary, seek advice from others or take action to address any potential issues. Trusting your intuition and taking proactive steps can help prevent potential problems in the future.