AP Calculus AB Scoring Guidelines Prior to 1998?

In summary, it seems like the scoring guidelines for the AP Calculus AB exam prior to 1998 are not available anymore.
GreenPrint

Homework Statement

Do they even exist? I can't find them anywhere! I know they must exist... does anybody know where to find them...

these are the scoring guidelines for the AP Calculus AB exam that they put out for the free response questions... I can't find any prior to 1998 and the AP Calculus AB exam has been around sense 1969 what gives?

i have every single free response and multiple choice questions for my class I just am looking for the scoring guidelines before 1998 and can't find them anywhere! It would be really nice if anybody knew where to get these and would be willing to share with me?

scoring guidelines between 1969-1997 are lost forever?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, it appears that the scoring guidelines for the AP Calculus AB exam prior to 1998 are lost forever. You may be able to find old copies of exams with the scoring guidelines in them, but it is unlikely that you will be able to find the official scoring guidelines that were released by the College Board. The College Board only keeps records of exams back to 1998, so it is unlikely that they would have the documents that you are looking for. Your best bet would be to try and contact people who took the exam before 1998 and see if they have any copies of the scoring guidelines.

Related to AP Calculus AB Scoring Guidelines Prior to 1998?

1. How were scoring guidelines for AP Calculus AB determined prior to 1998?

The scoring guidelines for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998 were determined through a committee of college professors and high school teachers who collaborated to create a set of standards for grading AP exams. They used their expertise and knowledge of the subject to create a rubric for scoring the exams.

2. What was the scoring scale for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998?

The scoring scale for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998 was based on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest score. Each exam had a total of 100 points, and the scores were converted into the scale of 1 to 5 based on the rubric created by the committee.

3. Were there any differences in scoring guidelines for the multiple-choice and free-response sections of the AP Calculus AB exam prior to 1998?

Yes, there were differences in scoring guidelines for the multiple-choice and free-response sections of the AP Calculus AB exam prior to 1998. The multiple-choice section was graded using a computer, while the free-response section was graded by hand by a team of graders who followed the scoring rubric.

4. How were partial credit and incorrect answers handled in the scoring guidelines for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998?

In the scoring guidelines for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998, partial credit was given for partially correct answers. The rubric outlined specific criteria for awarding partial credit, and graders were trained to use it consistently. Incorrect answers were not penalized, and students were encouraged to show all of their work in order to receive partial credit.

5. How were the scoring guidelines for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998 updated or revised?

The scoring guidelines for AP Calculus AB prior to 1998 were periodically reviewed and updated by the committee of college professors and high school teachers. They would make changes based on feedback from teachers, students, and the results of the exams. Revisions were made to ensure that the scoring guidelines were fair and accurately reflected the knowledge and skills expected of AP Calculus AB students.