AP Calculus BC Test: Tips, Revision & Important Topics

In summary, the AP Calculus BC test consists of a multiple-choice section and a free-response section, each worth 50% of the total score. Some tips for studying include practicing with past exams, creating a study schedule, and reviewing key concepts and formulas. Important topics to review include limits and continuity, derivatives, integration, and applications of derivatives and integrals. To improve your score, it is important to practice and manage your time effectively during the test. The use of graphing calculators is allowed, but only certain models are permitted.
Elixer
Hello!
I am writing the AP CALCULUS BC test on 5 May, 2010.All the best to all people who are writing their AP tests. Does anybody have any tips/ suggestions for revision or some ideas about really important/expected topics?
Thank you.
Elixer

Physics news on Phys.org
When I took it I used the Princeton Review's book to prepare from. Certainly do as many practice exams from here to the test date, and make sure you understand every problem you get wrong to the smallest detail. Good luck!

I'm also taking that test. Good luck!

FAQ: AP Calculus BC Test: Tips, Revision & Important Topics

1. What is the format of the AP Calculus BC test?

The AP Calculus BC test consists of two sections: a multiple-choice section and a free-response section. The multiple-choice section contains 45 questions and is worth 50% of the total score. The free-response section contains 6 questions and is worth 50% of the total score.

2. What are some tips for studying for the AP Calculus BC test?

Some tips for studying for the AP Calculus BC test include practicing with past exams, creating a study schedule, and reviewing key concepts and formulas. It is also helpful to work on challenging problems and seek help from teachers or tutors when needed.

3. What are some important topics to review for the AP Calculus BC test?

Some important topics to review for the AP Calculus BC test include limits and continuity, derivatives, integration, and applications of derivatives and integrals. It is also important to have a strong understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and geometry as they are foundational skills for calculus.

4. How can I improve my score on the AP Calculus BC test?

To improve your score on the AP Calculus BC test, it is important to practice, practice, practice. Work on past exams and challenging problems, and seek help when needed. It is also important to manage your time effectively during the test and carefully read and answer each question.

5. Are there any specific calculators allowed on the AP Calculus BC test?

Yes, the College Board allows the use of graphing calculators on the AP Calculus BC test. However, only certain models are allowed, and it is important to check the College Board's website for the most updated list of approved calculators. It is also important to familiarize yourself with the functions of your calculator before the test.