AP Physics Summer Assignment Question

In summary, the conversation discusses an equation involving Ts and provides guidance on how to simplify the expression. It also includes a note of gratitude to the person who provided the guidance.
NoIdea2015

Homework Statement

Ts=2π√4.5*10-2kg/2.0*103kg/s2

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I just started Physics Yesterday and have no idea what to do.

Physics news on Phys.org
NoIdea2015 said:

Homework Statement

Ts=2π√4.5*10-2kg/2.0*103kg/s2

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I just started Physics Yesterday and have no idea what to do.
I assume you are trying ro simplify the expression.
First, let's make the expression correct by using parentheses. I believe it should read Ts=2π√(4.5*10-2kg/(2.0*103kg/s2)).
Or more clearly, ##2\pi\sqrt{\frac{4.5 *10^{-2}kg}{2 *10^3 kg s^{-2}}}##.
You can work with the numbers and the units separately. For the units it reduces to √(kg/(kg s-2)). Can you see how to simplify that?

Last edited:
@haruspex I am probably so late to this response that it might be a little silly to respond, but I feel as if I have to thank you because your answer, all those months ago, helped me realize what I was supposed to being doing. I honestly meant to respond soon after you posted but it somehow slipped my mind. Better late than never, right?

NoIdea2015 said:
@haruspex I am probably so late to this response that it might be a little silly to respond, but I feel as if I have to thank you because your answer, all those months ago, helped me realize what I was supposed to being doing. I honestly meant to respond soon after you posted but it somehow slipped my mind. Better late than never, right?
Thanks for letting me know. It's nice to know I helped.

Stay gold, haruspex. Stay gold.

FAQ: AP Physics Summer Assignment Question

1. What is the purpose of the AP Physics Summer Assignment?

The purpose of the AP Physics Summer Assignment is to prepare students for the rigor and content of the AP Physics course. It allows students to review and practice important concepts and skills that will be covered in the course, ensuring a strong foundation for success.

2. How long does it take to complete the AP Physics Summer Assignment?

The length of time it takes to complete the AP Physics Summer Assignment will vary depending on each student's individual pace and understanding. However, it is recommended to spend at least 2-3 hours per week on the assignment over the summer to ensure a thorough understanding of the material.

3. Do I need any special equipment or materials for the AP Physics Summer Assignment?

No, the AP Physics Summer Assignment can be completed using only pen and paper. However, access to a calculator may be helpful for some of the more complex calculations.

4. Is the AP Physics Summer Assignment graded?

The AP Physics Summer Assignment is not typically graded, but it is highly recommended to complete it to the best of your ability. It will serve as a review for the first few weeks of the AP Physics course and will help students better understand the material covered.

5. Can I get help with the AP Physics Summer Assignment if I have questions or get stuck?

Yes, you can reach out to your teacher or classmates for help with the AP Physics Summer Assignment. It is important to seek clarification and understanding in order to have a strong foundation for the course. You can also utilize online resources or seek tutoring if needed.

Back