Are AI Chatbots Reliable Sources for Scientific Information?

• Thread starter Destroyer500
  • Start date
In summary, AI chatbots can be reliable sources for scientific information, but it ultimately depends on the quality of the data and algorithms used to train them. While chatbots can quickly access and process vast amounts of information, they may also be limited by biases or errors in the data they are trained on. Additionally, chatbots lack the ability to critically evaluate information or provide context, making it important for users to verify the information they receive from them. Overall, AI chatbots can be a useful tool for accessing scientific information, but caution should be taken when relying solely on them for accuracy.
Destroyer500
First post here ! I though i should follow the instructions given to me and introduce myself.To be honest i came just to get some answers regarding ramjet engines and possibly even scramjets.Now i dont have anything to do with aerospace engineering but im studying electrical and electronic engineering so im familiar with formulas math and physics.The thing is that i relied on Chat GTP on answering some questions of mine but the thing cant even do a proper multiplication right and many times just makes things up.So since AI wont help i have to use good ol humans hehe

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

Have fun and stay curious!

Likes Destroyer500
Thanks a lot man :0 Im sure that apart from my crazy projects i will get a lot of help regarding my "university adventures"

Destroyer500 said:
The thing is that i relied on Chat GTP on answering some questions of mine but the thing cant even do a proper multiplication right and many times just makes things up.So since AI wont help i have to use good ol humans hehe
Yup, AI chatbots aren't considered valid references here at PF for that reason. You have good intuition, grasshopper! Welcome to PF. :smile:

• Care
Likes Destroyer500
berkeman said:
Yup, AI chatbots aren't considered valid references here at PF for that reason. You have good intuition, grasshopper! Welcome to PF. :smile:
Thanks man :)

Likes berkeman