Are Aluminum Non-Stick Baking Sheets Better Than Teflon?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aluminum
yungman
Am I obsoleted?

I try to buy non stick baking sheet. I get used to looking for Teflon coated ones. Now when I look, most are just say Aluminum non stick pans. Did I missed the moon since I shopped for non stick stuffs years ago? are the new aluminum ones just as good?

Thanks for putting up my ignorant question.

I bought 2 of the aluminum ones when I read it's non stick thinking it's taflon. It seems to work fine and easy to wash. Only difference is I bake cookies the exact same timing as with my old worn out teflon sheets, seems like it's under cooked with the exact same setting. Strange. only thing I notice is those aluminum sheets are heavier and thicker than the old steel teflon sheets, maybe that's the reason.

Alan

Physics news on Phys.org
yungman said:
Am I obsoleted?

I try to buy non stick baking sheet. I get used to looking for Teflon coated ones. Now when I look, most are just say Aluminum non stick pans. Did I missed the moon since I shopped for non stick stuffs years ago? are the new aluminum ones just as good?

Thanks for putting up my ignorant question.

I bought 2 of the aluminum ones when I read it's non stick thinking it's taflon. It seems to work fine and easy to wash. Only difference is I bake cookies the exact same timing as with my old worn out teflon sheets, seems like it's under cooked with the exact same setting. Strange. only thing I notice is those aluminum sheets are heavier and thicker than the old steel teflon sheets, maybe that's the reason.

Alan
I do need to adjust the time when using the thicker alum sheets with baking mats. They do seem to bake cookies nicely.

Frozen.
1719788071724.png

1719788153213.png

1719788318862.png

Using the bag recommended bake time, they were a little under done. Added 2 min for perfection with the next batch.

• Love
  • Care
Likes docnet, Klystron, BillTre and 2 others