Are My Toes Frostbitten from This Freezing Office?

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
In summary, the black line was following, basically, the path of descent of the function (which it didn't know the properties of). It was necessary for the assignment, but it was boring as sin.
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am so cold.

Sitting here in my office at 10:20pm because I know damn well if I go home I'll just go to sleep and I need this assignment DONE curse my procrastinating soul

And it's freaking freezing in here. I'm sure my toes are frostbitten. I can barely feel them in my boots. :mad:

AND! AND! OH! AND!

One of the guys in the building was messing around doing something with the fiberglass spewing nasty smelling chemicals all over the place a few hours ago so now everything has that sickly sweet paint smell giving me a headache... and he was downstairs 50 feet away through two closed doors.

curse my procrastinating soul

And to make things worse, my girlfriend is away... completely out of contact so I can't give her crap for missing the snow... on a CRUISE IN THE CARRIBEAN. Boo.

This ends your regularly scheduled plea for sympathy. We now return you to your internet addiction, already in progress.

Physics news on Phys.org

A little lax on the sympathy there people.

Miraculously, the second part worked perfectly with only a single compiling error. So I'm done.

No, don't all run to congratulate me.

Attachments

• HW4Fig4.jpg
    HW4Fig4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 418
Girlfriend? When did that happen? No wonder we haven't seen much of you recently! None of us without a life is feeling sorry for anyone with a life. :-p

Okay...poor enigma. :frown: I hope your toes aren't too frostbitten. Are you in one of those buildings where they turn the heat nearly off at night, or does the heat not work during the day either?

hmm winter..cold...yes even my nose is cold! And not one animal will sit on my feet, though they do all summer.
Oh glad you were able to finnish your task{out pouring of sympathy} I feel your chill.

What was the assignment? It doesn't look all that exciting - I see why you'd procrastinate.

Optimization code.

The black line was following, basically, the path of descent of the function (which it didn't know the properties of).

Boring as sin, but necessary. It's highly infuriating when it doesn't work. I almost destroyed my computer trying to do the previous homework.

The building is basically a modified hangar, MB. Freezing all winter. Sweltering all summer.

enigma said:
The building is basically a modified hangar, MB. Freezing all winter. Sweltering all summer.
I'll have to remember to drop in in Spring or Fall if I ever get around your way again for a visit.

It's bloody cold here, too :frown: . Unfortunately for me, it's cold in my room, too (regardless of my procrastination level). I woke up at 4 am last night (yesterday now, by my time) with cold feet! Time for the electric blanket, it seems.

Yeah, it's even chilly at the zoobie brush shelter tonight. I had to get the heater going but my fingers are still cold.

enigma said:
Optimization code.
I'm glad that you clarified that. I was starting to suspect that you were a Spirograph tester.

FAQ: Are My Toes Frostbitten from This Freezing Office?

What are the symptoms of frostbitten toes?

Frostbitten toes may appear pale or blue in color and feel numb or tingly. They may also feel cold to the touch and have a burning sensation when re-warmed.

How can I tell if my toes are frostbitten or just cold?

If your toes feel numb, have a change in color, or have a burning sensation, it is likely that they are frostbitten. If your toes are just cold, they may feel numb and have a slight change in color, but will not have a burning sensation.

How do I treat frostbitten toes?

The first step in treating frostbitten toes is to get out of the cold and into a warm environment. Then, gently re-warm the toes by soaking them in warm (not hot) water or using warm compresses. It is important to not rub or massage the toes, as this can cause further damage. Seek medical attention if the symptoms do not improve or if blisters or open sores develop.

Can frostbite on toes lead to permanent damage?

Yes, severe frostbite on toes can lead to permanent damage, including nerve damage, loss of feeling, and even amputation in extreme cases. It is important to seek medical attention if you suspect you have frostbitten toes to prevent further damage.

How can I prevent frostbitten toes?

The best way to prevent frostbitten toes is to dress warmly and protect your feet from extreme cold temperatures. Wear insulated, waterproof boots and thick socks, and avoid staying outside for extended periods of time in freezing weather. If your toes start to feel numb or tingly, it is important to take a break and re-warm them before continuing any outdoor activities.

Back