Are there any places that will pay you to become a lab rat?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of making a career out of being a professional lab rat and the potential dangers and limitations of this option. The speaker advises against it and suggests that it is not a sustainable source of income. They also raise concerns about the long-term effects on one's health and well-being.
Line
I want to know about having tests done on you. Are there any places that will pay you to become a labrat? Enough that you can live off of it and make a career out of it.

Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to watch "Tales from the Crypt" --- Ulrich the Undying, or some such similar, is a relevant episode.

Legitimate labs? A living? Don't even try taking that to a mortgage company and applying for a home loan.

Line said:
I want to know about having tests done on you. Are there any places that will pay you to become a labrat? Enough that you can live off of it and make a career out of it.
Don't do it - it's very dangerous. You could die of excessive unproductivity.

??

If you enroll in some really time-consuming or risky studies, you might be paid enough to cover tuition at a state university, or to take a nice vacation, but you're not going to be able to become a professional lab rat and earn a living off it.

Can you imagine being a professional lab rat?!

I bet after a couple years you wouldn't even be a legitimate human to test on.

Related to Are there any places that will pay you to become a lab rat?

1. What exactly is a "lab rat"?

A "lab rat" is a term used to describe a person who participates in scientific research studies or experiments. These studies typically involve testing new medications, treatments, or procedures.

2. Are there really places that will pay me to become a lab rat?

Yes, there are many research institutions, pharmaceutical companies, and universities that conduct studies and are willing to pay participants for their time and participation.

3. Is it safe to participate in these studies?

Yes, all studies involving human participants must go through a strict review and approval process by an institutional review board (IRB) to ensure the safety and well-being of participants. Additionally, participants are always informed of any potential risks and are monitored closely during the study.

4. How much can I expect to be paid as a lab rat?

The amount of compensation varies depending on the type and duration of the study, as well as the location and the specific research institution. On average, participants can expect to be paid anywhere from $50 to $300 per study.

5. What are the benefits of participating in these studies?

Aside from the potential monetary compensation, participating in research studies can also provide individuals with access to cutting-edge medical treatments, contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge, and potentially help others who suffer from similar conditions or diseases.