AS Level Physics coursework help

In summary, the coursework is about the efficiency of elevators and the task includes outlining problems that need to be overcome when installing elevators in very tall skyscrapers. Some of the potential problems that may arise in this scenario include issues with cable weight and elasticity, finding a balance between acceleration and speed, dealing with wind pressure differences, and the complexity of having numerous buttons for operation. Unfortunately, there are no readily available resources on the internet or in books that can assist with this task.
Toddy1806

Homework Statement

The coursework I'm doing is about the efficiency of elevators. It's simple enough, but I have to outline some points in my coursework summary and there's nothing relevant to them on the internet.

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

One of the questions is "Outline the problems that need to be overcome when installing elevators in very tall skyscrapers"

There's no resources i can refer to in books or on the internet. I'm really not sure what they're looking for.

Physics news on Phys.org
Problems with tall elevators:

-cable weight becomes a problem
-cable elasticity becomes a problem
-acceleration vs speed
-wind (pressure difference between ground and top floor will make a lot of it if not sealed)
-too many buttons for me

Related to AS Level Physics coursework help

1. What is AS Level Physics coursework?

AS Level Physics coursework is a component of the AS Level Physics course, which is a qualification offered in the United Kingdom for students aged 16-18. It is a two-year course that covers a range of topics in physics, including mechanics, electricity, waves, and particles. The coursework component involves completing practical experiments and investigations and writing a report on the findings.

2. How is AS Level Physics coursework assessed?

AS Level Physics coursework is assessed through a combination of written exams and coursework. The coursework component usually makes up 20% of the overall grade, with the remaining 80% coming from written exams. The coursework is marked by the student's teacher and moderated by an external examiner.

3. What does AS Level Physics coursework involve?

AS Level Physics coursework involves carrying out practical experiments and investigations, collecting and analysing data, and writing a report on the findings. The experiments and investigations may be based on topics covered in the AS Level Physics course, or they may be more open-ended and require students to apply their knowledge and skills to a real-world problem.

4. How can I excel in AS Level Physics coursework?

To excel in AS Level Physics coursework, it is important to carefully plan and carry out your experiments and investigations, accurately collect and analyse data, and present your findings clearly and concisely in your report. It is also crucial to fully understand the underlying physics principles and theories behind your experiments and investigations, and to apply them accurately in your analysis and conclusions.

5. What resources are available to help with AS Level Physics coursework?

There are various resources available to help with AS Level Physics coursework, including textbooks, online resources, and past papers. Your teacher or tutor can also provide guidance and support throughout the coursework process. It is also beneficial to work in groups with classmates to share ideas and discuss your findings. Additionally, attending revision classes and seeking help from your teacher can also improve your understanding and performance in coursework.