AS Model Answers (Section C). OCR Board.

In summary, the model answer questions on the Physics AS exams involve interpreting diagrams, graphs, and data using principles taught in class. Paper 1 covers topics such as mechanics, waves, electricity, and thermal physics, while paper 2 covers topics such as optics, fields and particles, and nuclear and medical physics. Examples of model answer questions can be found on past exam papers. Good luck with your retake!
Dope
I'm retaking both physics AS exams this Janurary, I managed to get a D in the summer exams and the main reason was not having a clue what to do for section C, the model answers. I had no problem with the exams it themselves, infact I got an A in AS mathematics so they shouldn't pose a problem to me.

What I'd like to know is what are the model answer questions about generally? I know there are 2 on each paper, which topics (for model answers) come under which exam paper? If you know what I mean.

Regards,

:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
The model answer questions on the Physics AS exams typically involve using your knowledge of the topics covered in the exam to interpret diagrams, graphs and data. For example, you may be asked to explain a graph or discuss an experiment. These questions usually require you to use the principles taught in class and apply them to the situation presented. Paper 1 usually covers topics such as mechanics, waves, electricity and thermal physics while paper 2 typically covers topics such as optics, fields and particles, and nuclear and medical physics. You can find examples of model answer questions on past exam papers to get a better idea of what to expect. Good luck with your retake!

Hi there! It's great to hear that you are retaking your physics AS exams and are determined to improve your grade. The model answers in Section C of the OCR Board exams are designed to test your problem-solving and critical thinking skills. They are usually based on real-life situations and may require you to apply your knowledge of multiple topics to solve a problem or answer a question.

In general, the model answer questions can cover a variety of topics from both AS papers. It is important to thoroughly review all the topics covered in both papers to ensure you are fully prepared for any type of question. However, some common topics that are often included in model answer questions are mechanics, electricity, and waves.

It is also important to keep in mind that the model answer questions are not simply a repeat of the questions in the main exam. They may require you to think beyond the basic concepts and apply them in a more complex scenario. Therefore, it is essential to practice these types of questions and familiarize yourself with the format and approach.

I hope this helps answer your question. Best of luck with your exams!

Related to AS Model Answers (Section C). OCR Board.

1. What is the format of the AS Model Answers (Section C) for the OCR Board?

The AS Model Answers for Section C of the OCR Board is a series of short answer questions based on a given scenario or experimental data. Students are required to provide concise and accurate answers within a specified time limit.

2. Are the AS Model Answers (Section C) specific to a certain subject or can they be applied to any subject?

The AS Model Answers for Section C are specific to each subject offered by the OCR Board. This means that the questions and answers will be tailored to the specific subject and may vary from subject to subject.

3. How are the AS Model Answers (Section C) graded by the OCR Board?

The AS Model Answers for Section C are graded based on the accuracy and relevancy of the answers provided. Each question is allocated a certain number of marks and the total marks are then used to determine the overall grade for that section.

4. Can students use calculators or other resources during the AS Model Answers (Section C) exam?

The use of calculators or other resources is not permitted during the AS Model Answers exam for Section C. This ensures that students are able to apply their knowledge and skills without any external assistance.

5. How should students prepare for the AS Model Answers (Section C) exam?

To prepare for the AS Model Answers exam for Section C, students should review their notes and practice answering similar questions. It is also helpful to familiarize oneself with the format and time limit of the exam to ensure efficient use of time during the actual exam.