ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree

In summary, the speaker shares their background and current pursuit of an electrical engineering degree. They mention having hands-on experience in the field which may help compensate for online courses. They also inquire about the quality of ASU's online engineering courses.
iceman90289
Hey guys, I tried using search for this, didnt see it.

Hello, I haven't been very active here. I used to be a self employed software engineer, then I went to school for some general ed... got into the electrical apprenticeship (to be an electrician, not engineer) and i found the technical side is more my thing so I am pursuing my electrical engineering degree. I would like some input, I know engineering is a hands on major... but since I have 2 years experience in the field with the actual work I should be okay then right?

Physics news on Phys.org
I have no idea how their online engineering courses are, but I was down there for a couple of semesters, and I was regularly needing to get help directly from the professors. Also, I was in their MAE program, so a totally different major.

Having had some experience though, that could help to fill in the gaps where other students will be attending labs in person. Taking a course online is anything but hands-on, I'm sure. So, in terms of missing out on being there for labs, an online degree might be okay (?). I honestly can't say, I've never done online courses. I might have to look into them, how are ASU online courses, anyone?

Related to ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree

1. What is an ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree?

An ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree is a degree program offered by Arizona State University that allows students to earn a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering entirely online. This program covers topics such as circuit analysis, electronics, control systems, and signal processing.

2. How long does it take to complete an ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree?

The program takes approximately four years to complete. However, the duration may vary depending on a student's course load and any transfer credits they may have.

3. Is the ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree the same as an on-campus degree?

Yes, the ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree is the same as the on-campus program. The curriculum, course materials, and instructors are the same for both programs. The only difference is the method of delivery.

4. What are the admission requirements for the ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree?

To be considered for admission, students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet ASU's general admission requirements. They must also have completed courses in math, science, and computer programming.

5. Can I work while completing the ASU Online Electrical Engineering Degree?

Yes, the online format of the program allows students to have a flexible schedule and work while completing their degree. However, students should keep in mind that the program is rigorous and will require a significant time commitment.