Augmented reality rotation & zoom

In summary, the person is working on an augmented reality engine and is facing a problem with tracking a 2D rectangle inside a webcam stream. They have detected all four corner coordinates, but now need to calculate the rotation and zoom of the original tracking picture. However, the coordinates do not create a right angle quadrilateral, making the problem more complex. The person is asking for advice on how to approach this problem.
tyrskyzz
I'm working on augmented reality engine and I have a following problem.
I'm tracking a 2D rectangle tracking picture inside an other picture (webcam stream).
I have detected all four 2D corner coordinates for that tracking picture.

Now I need to calculate from the corner coordiantes how the original tracker picture has rotated (x-,y-,z-rotations) and zoomed.
Bare in mind that the coordinates doesn't create right angle quadrilateral.
Any ideas how I can do it?
Thanks for any advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
You haven't given enough information to define a specific problem. Perhaps people who write virtual reality programs all know what you are talking about, but I don't. On one hand you say you are tracking a 2D "rectangle" and on the other hand you say that the coordinates don't define a right angle quadrilateral. So is this some sort of projection problem? Are we looking at the image of a 2D rectangle in space projected onto a plane?

FAQ: Augmented reality rotation & zoom

1. What is augmented reality rotation & zoom?

Augmented reality rotation & zoom is the ability to manipulate and adjust the position and size of digital elements in a real-world environment using a device, such as a smartphone or tablet. This technology overlays computer-generated images onto a user's view of the real world, allowing for interactive and immersive experiences.

2. How does augmented reality rotation & zoom work?

Augmented reality rotation & zoom works by using sensors and cameras on a device to track the user's movements and location in the real world. This information is then used to adjust the placement and size of digital elements in the augmented reality environment, giving the illusion that they are part of the real world.

3. What are the benefits of augmented reality rotation & zoom?

There are several benefits to augmented reality rotation & zoom, including enhanced user experiences and improved productivity. This technology allows for more interactive and engaging content, making it useful for educational or marketing purposes. It also has practical applications in industries such as architecture, allowing professionals to visualize and manipulate designs in a real-world context.

4. What are some examples of augmented reality rotation & zoom in use?

There are many examples of augmented reality rotation & zoom being used in various industries. For instance, in the gaming industry, the popular mobile game "Pokémon Go" uses augmented reality rotation & zoom to make it appear as though the digital creatures are in the user's real-world environment. In the retail industry, companies like IKEA use this technology to allow customers to preview furniture in their own homes before making a purchase.

5. What is the future of augmented reality rotation & zoom?

The future of augmented reality rotation & zoom is promising, as this technology continues to improve and become more accessible. It is already being integrated into various industries, and there is potential for even more widespread use in the future. As technology advances and devices become more powerful, we can expect to see even more advanced and realistic augmented reality experiences.

Back