Average current by particle moving in circle

In summary, we are given a particle with charge 8 nC moving in circular orbit at an angular speed of 100 π rad/s. We are asked to find the average current produced, with options ranging from 0.2 μA to 0.6 μA. To solve this, we use the equation Q = I.t and determine the period of the particle's motion by considering how often it passes a given point and how long it takes to make one revolution. This leads us to the answer of 0.4 μA, option C.
songoku

Homework Statement

A particle having charge 8 nC moves in circular orbit with angular speed of 100 π rad/s. Find the average current produced!
a. 0.2 μA
b. 0.3 μA
c. 0.4 μA
d. 0.5 μA
e. 0.6 μA

Homework Equations

Q = I.t

The Attempt at a Solution

The equation I can think of is Q = I.t. I don't know how to find t and I also don't know what the use of angular speed in this question.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The particle is traveling in a circle with a given angular frequency. How often does it pass a given point in its "orbit"?

Likes songoku
At the given angular velocity, how long does the particle need to make one revolution?
How much charge flows when the particle makes one revolution?

Likes songoku
I get it. I find the period then it's the time. The answer is C

Thanks a lot

Related to Average current by particle moving in circle

1. What is the definition of average current by particle moving in circle?

The average current by particle moving in circle refers to the average flow of charged particles in a circular path over a period of time. It is a measure of the rate at which charge is moving through a particular point in the circular path.

2. How is average current by particle moving in circle different from conventional current?

The main difference between average current by particle moving in circle and conventional current is the direction of flow. Average current by particle moving in circle is the average flow of charged particles in a circular path, while conventional current is the average flow of positive charge in the opposite direction.

3. What factors affect the magnitude of average current by particle moving in circle?

The magnitude of average current by particle moving in circle is affected by the charge of the particles, the speed at which they are moving, and the radius of the circular path. It is also affected by external factors such as electric and magnetic fields.

4. What is the formula for calculating average current by particle moving in circle?

The formula for calculating average current by particle moving in circle is I = (Q * v) / r, where I is the average current, Q is the charge of the particles, v is the speed of the particles, and r is the radius of the circular path.

5. What are some real-life applications of average current by particle moving in circle?

Average current by particle moving in circle has various real-life applications, such as in particle accelerators, where charged particles are accelerated in circular paths to study their properties. It is also used in cyclotrons, which are used to produce medical isotopes for cancer treatment. In addition, it is used in devices such as mass spectrometers and cathode ray tubes.