Aviation and Aerospace Enthusiast... made a Career of it!

aeroandy7
How did you find PF?
Searched for best forums on aeronautical engineering and there it was.
Hello, I'm Andy and I'm looking forward to intellectually stimulating questions and discussions on the PF. Educational background was BSAE from U. of Colorado-Boulder and MSME from U. of California-Irvine. Professional background is combination of mostly flight test but also aircraft design, ground test, research & development with Northrop Grumman, Boeing, and Lockheed Martin over many years. Served as a contract engineer more recently, including for Aerion Supersonic. *Some* areas of interest, in no particular order, include aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, stability & control, flight dynamics, flight simulation, air data systems, systems engineering, flight control, flying qualities, test & commercial operations.

Likes berkeman and DeBangis21
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Likes aeroandy7
Welcome to PF, Andy. It's good to have you here. :smile:

Most of our Aero threads are either in the Aerospace Engineering forum or the Mechanical Engineering forum.

aeroandy7 said:
BSAE from U. of Colorado-Boulder
Did you ever get a chance to go hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park? I worked for Bell Labs in Northglenn for a few years, and really enjoyed the times I got to hike that park. The frozen waterfalls in the winter were magical. :smile:

Likes aeroandy7
Hiked on Longs Peak a couple of times but not in the winter. Sounds beautiful though. Most hiking I did was close by... in and around the flatirons.

Likes berkeman