Basic Maple plotting problem not workin

In summary, the conversation revolves around a complicated equation involving multiple variables, which the speaker wants to plot in order to get a specific result. However, there are some errors and discrepancies in the output, causing confusion and frustration. The speaker is seeking help in understanding and correcting these issues.
congraduation
any how, i have this equation. I have read a quick online tutorial on maple.

this is my equation in raw form

Br*(arctan(W*L/(2*x*(4*x^2+W^2+L^2)^(1/2)))-arctan(W*L/((2*(x+2*T))*[4*(x+2*T)^2+W^2+L^2]^(1/2))))/Pi

because i have 5 varibales, i did

B1(Br,W,L,T,x):= [the above function]

Now, i now have to subsitude the above equation with values, consider the first for varibale to be constant , so i typed in the following command and pressed enter

B1(1.4, 0.1e-1, 0.6e-1, 0.35e-1, x)

and this is what i get, kinda the same way I wanted it to be, simply, a new equation where I'm left with one variable

(1.4*(arctan(0.3000000000e-3/(x*sqrt(4*x^2+0.37e-2)))-arctan(0.6e-3/((2*x+.140)*sqrt([4*(x+0.70e-1)^2+0.37e-2])))))/Pi

but this is where the junk start. I want to plot it so simply running plot[(above eqation),x=50..100) DOESN'T WORK!

plot((1.4*(arctan(0.3000000000e-3/(x*sqrt(4*x^2+0.37e-2)))-arctan(0.6e-3/((2*x+.140)*sqrt([4*(x+0.70e-1)^2+0.37e-2])))))/Pi, x = 50 .. 100)

result:

Error, invalid input: sqrt expects its 1st argument, x, to be of type algebraic, but received [4*(x+0.70e-1)^2+0.37e-2]i don't understand what I'm doning is worng!

another thing,, the answer it calucates is just so wrong if i do it manual like after running this

B1(1.4, 0.1e-1, 0.6e-1, 0.35e-1, 100)

i get

(1.4*(1.499999931*10^(-8)-arctan(0.2997901469e-5/sqrt([40056.02330]))))/Pi

to simply it.. i copy it and paste it in a new line and get this error
Error, invalid input: sqrt expects its 1st argument, x, to be of type algebraic, but received [40056.02330]

the number in brackets is just so wrong then what i caculate by hand

on maple 14

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone?

FAQ: Basic Maple plotting problem not workin

1. Why is my Maple plot not showing up?

There could be several reasons why your Maple plot is not showing up. First, make sure that you have entered the correct plot command and that there are no syntax errors. Also, check that you have specified the correct plot range and that the plot is not hidden behind other objects. If the problem persists, try restarting Maple or using a different plot command.

2. How do I customize my Maple plot?

To customize your Maple plot, you can use various options within the plot command such as color, line style, and labels. You can also use the plottools package to add additional elements to your plot, such as text or arrows. Additionally, you can use the plotsetup command to change the overall appearance of your plot, including the axes and grid lines.

3. How do I save my Maple plot as an image?

To save your Maple plot as an image, you can use the exportplot command. This will allow you to save your plot as a variety of image formats, including PNG, JPG, and SVG. You can also use the print command to save your plot as a PDF file.

4. Can I plot multiple functions on the same graph in Maple?

Yes, you can plot multiple functions on the same graph in Maple. To do this, use the plot command and separate each function with a comma. You can also customize the appearance of each function by using different colors or line styles for each one. Additionally, you can use the display command to show multiple plots on the same graph.

5. How do I create a 3D plot in Maple?

To create a 3D plot in Maple, you can use the plot3d command. This command allows you to plot a function with two independent variables, resulting in a 3D graph. You can customize the appearance of the 3D plot by using options such as color and transparency. You can also rotate the plot using your mouse to view it from different angles.