Best Signals and Systems book?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a good book on Engineering Signals and Systems that is clear, easy to understand, and has a variety of problems with solutions. The individual mentions their current book lacks solutions and asks for recommendations. Another person suggests the Oppenheim and Wilsky book as a commonly used standard for this subject. The original speaker expresses the urgency of their need for a book to prepare for an upcoming test.
ammar555
What is the best book out there for Engineering Signals and Systems? One that is clear & easy to understand and has many different problems with solutions.

The book I am using has no solutions and there is no way to check my work. I hope someone knows a similar book.

http://www.ntspress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/UlabyTOC.pdf

Engineering news on Phys.org
I really hope someone will reply as soon as possible. I just need your recommendation based on your experience. I have a test this Monday and I want to practice more problems.

well, i don't know which is best, but the Oppenhiem and Wilsky book is an oft-used standard.

maybe it's a bit formal, but when you're doing math that can get thick and complicated, formal is better than ad-hoc.

Related to Best Signals and Systems book?

1. What is the best book for learning Signals and Systems?

The best book for learning Signals and Systems may vary depending on individual learning styles and preferences. However, some popular choices among students and professionals include "Signals and Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim and Alan S. Willsky, "Signals and Systems" by Simon Haykin and Barry Van Veen, and "Signals and Systems: Continuous and Discrete" by Rodger E. Ziemer and William H. Tranter.

2. What topics should a good Signals and Systems book cover?

A good Signals and Systems book should cover fundamental concepts such as signals, systems, time and frequency domain analysis, convolution, Fourier series and transforms, and Laplace transforms. It should also cover more advanced topics such as discrete-time signals and systems, Z-transforms, and digital signal processing.

3. Is it important for a Signals and Systems book to have practical examples and exercises?

Yes, it is important for a Signals and Systems book to have practical examples and exercises. These can help reinforce the theoretical concepts and allow readers to apply what they have learned. They also help develop problem-solving skills and prepare readers for real-world applications.

4. Are there any online resources that can supplement a Signals and Systems book?

Yes, there are many online resources that can supplement a Signals and Systems book. These include lecture notes, video lectures, online tutorials, practice problems, and interactive simulations. Some popular websites for Signals and Systems learning include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera.

5. Can a Signals and Systems book be used for self-study?

Yes, a Signals and Systems book can be used for self-study. However, it is important to have a good understanding of basic mathematical concepts such as calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra before diving into the subject. It is also helpful to have access to online resources or a study group for additional support and clarification.