BFKL literature recommendations

• Thread starter earth2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Literature
In summary: Quantum Chromodynamics: Perturbative and Nonperturbative AspectsIn summary, the author is trying to find a resource on BFKL and DGLAP, but is having difficulty finding anything suitable. There is an introduction to Pomerons and QCD that might be useful, but the author is not sure if it is adequate for someone with little knowledge about the topic.
earth2
Hey folks,

i am trying to make myself familiar with BFKL but i don't find anything that is suitable for someone whose knowledge about this topic is close to zero. So, does anyone know any (comprehensible) introductions, papers, books,...about this?

Cheers!
earth2

Physics news on Phys.org
Quantum Chromodynamics: Perturbative and Nonperturbative Aspects

by Ioffe

Thanks!
Unfortunately my faculty's library doesn't have a copy...but i'll keep searching :-)

First of all, thanks for the paper. I'll have a look into it.
And secondly, my interest is parton evolution at the moment. I am reading QCD and the Pomeron by Forshaw and Ross and they talk all the time about BFKL and DGLAP. Unfortunately not in a very detailled manner. For that reason i really hope to find some pedagogical primer on bfkl (and later dglap) with worked derivations and so forth.

Thanks again :)

I am not sure what could be the best resource for you. The book you read comes close to being the (IMHO) best of what is up-to-date in the business, you might want to try to keep reading, to see if you can grasp something out of it. Definitely there is a lot of informal discussion assuming the reader to be familiar with basically decades of research (this is indeed not pedagogical). The problem is that the approach is so old that it pre-dates QCD (as in bootstrap models). Are you familiar with the technology of "The analytic S-matrix" as in the book
R. J. Eden, P. V. Landshoff, D. I. Olive and J. C. Polkinghorne, The Analytic S-Matrix, Cambridge U. Press, 1966.
? If not, again IMHO, a possible companion to your book could be Gribov's "The theory of complex angular momenta".

Thank you for your new answer. You might laugh - but i have both books on my desk. To tell you the truth, they are quite overwhelming when reading them for the first time. But i'll give them a second chance :-) Perhaps endurance is the skill needed now...

Thanks,
earth2

Related to BFKL literature recommendations

What is the BFKL model?

The BFKL model, also known as the Balitsky-Fadin-Kuraev-Lipatov model, is a theoretical framework used to describe the high energy behavior of strong interactions in particle physics. It is based on the theory of quantum chromodynamics (QCD) and predicts the behavior of gluon fields at high energies.

What is the significance of BFKL literature recommendations?

BFKL literature recommendations are important because they provide a list of key research papers, books, and other sources that are relevant to the BFKL model. These recommendations help researchers and students stay updated on the latest developments in the field and provide a starting point for further research.

How are BFKL literature recommendations determined?

BFKL literature recommendations are typically determined by a panel of experts in the field who have extensive knowledge and experience with the BFKL model. They review and evaluate the quality and relevance of existing literature and make recommendations based on their findings.

Can BFKL literature recommendations change over time?

Yes, BFKL literature recommendations can change over time as new research is published and the understanding of the BFKL model evolves. It is important for researchers to regularly check for updates to the recommendations to stay current with the latest developments in the field.

How can I access BFKL literature recommendations?

BFKL literature recommendations can often be found online through various websites, such as research institutions or scientific organizations. They may also be included in textbooks or other reference materials. Additionally, attending conferences and workshops related to the BFKL model can also provide access to the most up-to-date recommendations.