Bibliographical reference needed

• Thread starter dextercioby
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reference
In summary, a bibliographical reference is a citation that identifies the source of information used in a research paper. It is needed to allow readers to easily locate and verify sources, give credit to original authors, and avoid plagiarism. The format of a bibliographical reference varies depending on the style guide used, and it is important to use reliable and credible sources for it. Not including a bibliographical reference can result in plagiarism and undermine the credibility of a research paper.
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I'm interested in a serious discussion (at the level of Arnold's mechanics text) about the alleged connection between Boltzmann's H theorem and Poincaré's theorem (rumor has it Boltzmann was pretty upset with Poincaré's result).

Could anybody help me ?
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
See chapter 6: Boltzmann’s H-Theorem

http://www-proxy.che.ksu.edu/~bgkyle/

and "Boltzmann's H-theorem, its limitations, and the birth of (fully) statistical mechanics"

http://arxiv.org/abs/0809.1304

Related to Bibliographical reference needed

1. What is a bibliographical reference?

A bibliographical reference is a citation that identifies the source of information used in a research paper or academic work. It typically includes the author's name, title of the work, publication date, and other relevant information.

2. Why is a bibliographical reference needed?

Including a bibliographical reference allows readers to easily locate and verify the sources used in a research paper. It also gives credit to the original authors and avoids plagiarism.

3. How do I create a bibliographical reference?

The format of a bibliographical reference varies depending on the style guide used, such as MLA, APA, or Chicago. Generally, it includes the author's name, title of the work, publication information, and sometimes the page numbers. Online sources may also require a URL or DOI.

4. What are the consequences of not including a bibliographical reference?

Not including a bibliographical reference can result in plagiarism, which can have serious consequences in academic and professional settings. It also makes it difficult for readers to verify the information and may undermine the credibility of the research paper.

5. Can I use any source for a bibliographical reference?

It is important to use reliable and credible sources for a bibliographical reference, such as peer-reviewed articles, books, and reputable websites. Personal blogs or social media posts may not be considered appropriate sources for academic work.

Back