Black Hole People: Fact or Fiction?

In summary, people can be either star-like or black hole-like, but I have not met anyone strictly of either kind.
deda
we all know at least one star-like person, but...
do you know at least one black-hole-like-person?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I am not sure if i am taking your analogies too far, or not far enough:

By a star-like person, do you mean someone who "shines" in the sense that they give warmth and enlightenment to those around them, catalyze others into greater vigour... etc?

And conversely by a black-hole like person, do you mean somone who only takes and takes, no matter how much you give; someone who is incapable of giving back to the world?

If so, I cannot say I have met any strictly of either kind. I have found that even apparently star-like people have times when they replenish by taking something... whether from the same people they give to, or others. Likewise, I have met some people who come close to being "black holes", but there always seems to be something given, whether intentionally or not, and, there is always a learning experience from having known them.

I kind of think we all take turns approximating stars and black holes. But perhaps you meant something a bit different?

I knew a black hole like person, just standing close to her sucked all the life energy out of me

I also knew star like people, who's presence just brightened up the day!

i don't know of any black holes one person comes close but not quite, but i do know a couple of stars jimmyp for example he is quality, but nobody is as bright as my girlfriend.

Oh, that person I mentioned definitely was a black hole.. unbelievable.. really..

Oh yeah, I've known black holes.

Lol, i like being a star! However my bedroom is like a black hole... hmmmm a star uh............ i suppose a lot of my friends i would class as stars because they have pulled me up when i have dragged down so low. LOL and Andy for talking sense. Uh, hmmm i suppose i would class the ex as a black hole now...heh.

Last edited:
Stars can quickly turn into a black hole.

Originally posted by Andy
...but nobody is as bright as my girlfriend.
Not that your girl friend isn't the brightest person in the UK, but mine is the brightest in the northern hemisphere, at least.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Not that your girl friend isn't the brightest person in the UK, but mine is the brightest in the northern hemisphere, at least.
She can't be all that bright if she doesn't know about your Minnesota Mail-Order-Bride on the way! - unless, she has arrived and she is what you are referring to... in which case, uh, Zooby... We need to talk... :wink:

Originally posted by Tsunami
She can't be all that bright if she doesn't know about your Minnesota Mail-Order-Bride on the way! - unless, she has arrived and she is what you are referring to... in which case, uh, Zooby... We need to talk... :wink:
Oh, The Mail Order Bride! I nearly forgot about her. I guess I got to lot a 'splainin' to do.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Oh, The Mail Order Bride! I nearly forgot about her. I guess I got to lot a 'splainin' to do.
Well, I GUESS YOU DO! Hope your girlfriend is understanding...:wink: BTW, I guess your GF doesn't mind the smell and the drooling?... Or is she also Zooby-like?

Originally posted by Andy
Stars can quickly turn into a black hole.
i think this was the best reply.

Thank you, always nice to get some positive feedback, lol.

FAQ: Black Hole People: Fact or Fiction?

1. Are there really people living in black holes?

As a scientist, I can confidently say that there are no known living beings inside black holes. Black holes are extremely dense objects in space that have such strong gravitational pull that not even light can escape. This makes it impossible for any form of life to exist inside a black hole.

2. Could there be advanced civilizations living inside black holes?

While it is fun to imagine the possibility of advanced civilizations living inside black holes, there is currently no scientific evidence to support this claim. The extreme conditions inside black holes make it highly unlikely for any form of life to survive.

3. Can humans ever enter a black hole?

Based on our current technology, it is not possible for humans to enter a black hole and survive. The intense gravitational forces would stretch and tear apart any object, including humans, before they even reach the event horizon (the point of no return).

4. Are there any theories about black hole people?

There are some theoretical concepts, such as the "black hole civilizations" theory, which suggests that advanced civilizations could harness the energy of a black hole for their survival. However, these are purely speculative and have not been proven by scientific evidence.

5. Could black hole people exist in other dimensions?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the existence of other dimensions, so the concept of black hole people existing in other dimensions remains purely theoretical. It is important to note that the existence of other dimensions is still a subject of ongoing research and debate among scientists.