Book with solutions to Yang Mills equations?

• Particle
  • Thread starter jonjacson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation is about finding a book that explains the meaning of equations in Lagrangian, group, bundle, and manifold theories, rather than just the method to solve them. The person is specifically interested in numerical solutions and mentions gauge theories, quantum field theories, and classical electrodynamics. They are looking for a textbook that discusses classical non-Abelian theories, such as the one by F. Scheck titled "Classical Field Theory."
jonjacson
Hello,

I have read some books and I found some Lagrangian, group, bundle, manifold comments to find the equations... but Is there any book where the actual equations are solved?

In other words, Where can I read about the MEANING of the equations? Instead of the method to find them.

Obviously when I talk about solutions, I mean numericall solutions.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Usually gauge theories are used as quantum field theories (aka the Standard Model). There you have perturbative calculations and, for QCD, lattice calculations (both in vacuo and thermal).

Of course, classical electrodynamics is a classical Abelian gauge theory, but that's not Yang-Mills, which is non-Abelian gauge theory.

The classical Yang-Mills theory is applied to QCD in relativistic heavy-ion physics. There are tons of papers and also numerical calculations. Just look for "Color Glass Condensate" or "Glasma".

The only textbook which discusses the classical non-Abelian theories to some extent is in the excellent theory-textbook series by Scheck. The corresponding volume is

F. Scheck, Classical Field Theory, 2nd edition, Springer (2018)

Likes jonjacson

Related to Book with solutions to Yang Mills equations?

1. What are Yang-Mills equations and why are they important?

Yang-Mills equations are a set of equations in theoretical physics that describe the behavior of fundamental particles and their interactions. They are important because they provide a framework for understanding the fundamental forces of nature, such as electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces.

2. What is the significance of a book with solutions to Yang-Mills equations?

A book with solutions to Yang-Mills equations would be significant because it would provide a comprehensive and reliable resource for understanding and solving these complex equations. It could also serve as a valuable reference for researchers and students in the field of theoretical physics.

3. Who would benefit from a book with solutions to Yang-Mills equations?

Scientists and researchers in the field of theoretical physics, as well as students studying this subject, would benefit from a book with solutions to Yang-Mills equations. It could also be useful for those working in related fields, such as mathematics and engineering.

4. How do solutions to Yang-Mills equations contribute to our understanding of the universe?

The solutions to Yang-Mills equations provide a mathematical description of the fundamental forces that govern the behavior of particles in the universe. By understanding these equations, we can gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of nature and how the universe works.

5. Is there ongoing research related to Yang-Mills equations?

Yes, there is ongoing research related to Yang-Mills equations. Scientists are constantly working to refine and improve our understanding of these equations and their applications in various fields of physics. There are also ongoing efforts to solve some of the unsolved problems and mysteries surrounding Yang-Mills equations.