Books on Computer I/O Interfaces

In summary, books on computer I/O interfaces provide comprehensive information on the various ways in which computers communicate with external devices. From the basics of input and output to advanced topics such as serial and parallel ports, USB, and wireless interfaces, these books cover everything a reader needs to know about computer I/O. They also discuss the role of drivers and protocols in facilitating communication between devices and computers. With detailed explanations, diagrams, and practical examples, these books are essential resources for anyone looking to understand and utilize computer I/O interfaces effectively.
CrysPhys
Education Advisor
I'd appreciate recommendations for books on computer input/output (I/O) interfaces. With detailed explanations, for example, (a) on how pressing the "R" key on a keyboard results in the character "R" being displayed on a screen and entered in a program, (b) on how moving a mouse results in a pointer moving across a screen and positions being entered in a program, (c) on how double-clicking on an icon launches a program, and (d) on how clicking the "Print" tab results in a sheet of paper being printed. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
CrysPhys said:
I'd appreciate recommendations for books on computer input/output (I/O) interfaces. With detailed explanations, for example, (a) on how pressing the "R" key on a keyboard results in the character "R" being displayed on a screen and entered in a program, (b) on how moving a mouse results in a pointer moving across a screen and positions being entered in a program, (c) on how double-clicking on an icon launches a program, and (d) on how clicking the "Print" tab results in a sheet of paper being printed. Thanks.

You need a book on Computer architecture ?

Related to Books on Computer I/O Interfaces

What is a computer I/O interface?

A computer I/O (Input/Output) interface is a hardware component that allows communication between a computer and external devices. It is responsible for sending and receiving data between the computer and peripherals such as keyboards, mice, printers, and external storage devices.

Why are books on computer I/O interfaces important?

Books on computer I/O interfaces provide detailed information about the different types of interfaces available, their functionalities, and how to use them. They also cover topics such as troubleshooting and compatibility, making them valuable resources for understanding and utilizing computer I/O interfaces.

What are the different types of computer I/O interfaces?

The most common types of computer I/O interfaces include USB, HDMI, Ethernet, SATA, and Thunderbolt. Each interface has its own specific purpose and is used for different types of devices.

How can I learn more about computer I/O interfaces?

There are several ways to learn more about computer I/O interfaces. You can read books, attend workshops or seminars, take online courses, or consult with experts in the field. It's important to stay updated on the latest advancements and developments in computer I/O interfaces.

What are some common issues with computer I/O interfaces?

Some common issues with computer I/O interfaces include compatibility problems, driver conflicts, and hardware malfunctions. These issues can be resolved by troubleshooting techniques, updating drivers, and replacing faulty hardware components.

Back