Books to learn integration techniques ?

In summary, there are several books solely devoted to solving integrals and different methods for solving them. Some options include the Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals on Google Play, the Handbook of Integral Equations on Google Play, and Inside Interesting Integrals on Amazon. The last book may require some prior knowledge of complex analysis, but provides a brief overview in a separate chapter.
Buffu
Are there books that are solely devoted to solving integrals and different methods in solving them ? I like solving integrals and I want to learn different techniques to solve integrals.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Chegg,
Have you seen these two? I hope these are helpful.
Deneen2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Handbook of Mathematical Formulas and Integrals [Book]
from Google Play
by Alan Jeffrey · Elsevier Science · Ebook · 410 pages · ISBN 1483295141~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiDhbqds_XSAhXeiLMKHZWzDU8YABAfGgJxbg&sig=AOD64_0xNOf40Fyc5v0fkVNtS-RwdvPwMg&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiN3Leds_XSAhWFKyYKHVMzCGsQpysI1wE&adurl=
from Google Play
by Andrei D. Polyanin, Alexander V. Manzhirov · CRC Press · Ebook · 1144 pages · ISBN 0203881052

Unparalleled in scope compared to the literature currently available, the Handbook of Integral Equations, Second Edition contains over 2,500 integral equations with solutions as ...

You might like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1493912763/?tag=pfamazon01-20
just look at the title!
"Inside Interesting Integrals: A Collection of Sneaky Tricks, Sly Substitutions, and Numerous Other Stupendously Clever, Awesomely Wicked, and Devilishly Seductive Maneuvers for Computing Nearly 200 Perplexing Definite Integrals From Physics, Engineering, and Mathematics (Plus 60 Challenge Problems with Complete, Detailed Solutions)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon27 said:
You might like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1493912763/?tag=pfamazon01-20
just look at the title!
"Inside Interesting Integrals: A Collection of Sneaky Tricks, Sly Substitutions, and Numerous Other Stupendously Clever, Awesomely Wicked, and Devilishly Seductive Maneuvers for Computing Nearly 200 Perplexing Definite Integrals From Physics, Engineering, and Mathematics (Plus 60 Challenge Problems with Complete, Detailed Solutions)"

Does it assumes me to know complex analysis ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buffu said:
Does it assumes me to know complex analysis ?
Here's an excerpt from the Preface:
For a modern undergraduate math major not to have ever had a course in complex analysis seems to me to be shocking. As an electrical engineering major, 50 years ago, I took complex analysis up through contour integration (from Stanford’s math department) at the start of my junior year using R.V. Churchill’s famous book Complex Variables and Applications. (I still have my beat-up, coffee-stained copy.) I think contour integration is just too beautiful and powerful to be left out of this book but, recognizing that my assumed reader may not have prior knowledge of complex analysis, all the integrals done in this book by contour integration are gathered together in their own chapter at the end of the book. Further, in that chapter I’ve included a ‘crash mini-course’ in the theoretical complex analysis required to understand the technique (assuming only that the reader has already encountered complex numbers and their manipulation).

Related to Books to learn integration techniques ?

1. What is integration?

Integration is a mathematical process that involves finding the area under a curve or the accumulation of a quantity over a specific interval. It is an important concept in calculus and is used to solve a variety of problems in physics, engineering, and other fields.

2. Why is it important to learn integration techniques?

Integration is a fundamental tool in mathematics and is essential for solving a wide range of problems in various fields. It is also the basis for more advanced concepts in calculus, such as differential equations and multivariable calculus.

3. What are some common integration techniques?

Some common integration techniques include substitution, integration by parts, partial fractions, and trigonometric substitution. These techniques allow us to solve integrals that cannot be solved using basic rules.

4. How can I improve my integration skills?

The best way to improve your integration skills is through practice. Work through a variety of integration problems and familiarize yourself with different techniques. It is also helpful to understand the concepts and principles behind each technique rather than simply memorizing formulas.

5. Are there any resources for learning integration techniques?

Yes, there are plenty of resources available for learning integration techniques. You can find textbooks, online tutorials, and video lectures that provide step-by-step explanations and practice problems. Your school or local library may also have resources available for you to use.