Books to read before Arnold's Classical Mechanics

imperiumx
TL;DR Summary: What book should i read before arnolds classical mechanics? I have good math background but little physics background.

A little while ago, i was in a summer camp for teens who are exceptional at math. Around that time i started getting into physics. A person from there recommended me to read arnolds classical mechanics. As i started to read the book, i could understand it but couldn't really solve any of the problems in them since i didn't have that much knowledge outside of the stuff in the book (The problems usually required prerequisite knowledge to solve). So id like to know is there any other book to read that requires little to none physics knowledge? My mathematical background is really good and id actually prefer something which has a lot of math in it. Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Take a look at Marion’s Classical Dynamics of Paricles and Systems (or any intermediate mechanics text). Is it too hard, too easy or just right?

Likes imperiumx and dextercioby
I'd also recommend checking out Greiner's 2-volume set on Classical Mechanics.

Likes imperiumx and dextercioby
Have you read his ODE book? It's just as good and it might help you get used to his style.

Frabjous said:
Take a look at Marion’s Classical Dynamics of Paricles and Systems (or any intermediate mechanics text). Is it too hard, too easy or just right?
Its a bit of a challenge, but seems alright.

Likes Frabjous
imperiumx said:
Its a bit of a challenge, but seems alright.
Another book at that level is Symon.

Likes imperiumx