Boundary Type for Acoustic Simulation in GAMBIT?

• Thread starter acoustic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Boundary
In summary, a moving boundary in GAMBIT is the ability to manipulate and define the boundaries of a computational domain during a simulation. This can be done by creating a boundary condition and specifying the type of boundary and movement using a User Defined Function (UDF) or a dynamic boundary condition. A UDF in GAMBIT is a custom code written in C language for user-defined equations and boundary conditions. Both translation and rotation of a boundary can be simulated in GAMBIT using a UDF or a dynamic boundary condition. However, there are limitations to using moving boundaries, such as computational expense and potential accuracy issues with complex or intersecting boundaries.
acoustic
Hi everyone,

I would like to simulate the flow inside a tube having one closed end and the other end is driven by a loud speaker.

The speaker creates an oscillating pressure (and velocity) which will have an effect on the acoustic field inside the tube.

so to be clear: which boundary type shall I choose in GAMBIT for the speaker end. (the other boundaries are "wall" type).

Thank you in advance for your help

Engineering news on Phys.org
Help pleasezzzzz

FAQ: Boundary Type for Acoustic Simulation in GAMBIT?

Question 1: What is a moving boundary in GAMBIT?

A moving boundary in GAMBIT refers to the ability to define and manipulate the boundaries of a computational domain during a simulation. This allows for the simulation of fluid flow with moving objects or changing geometries.

Question 2: How do I define a moving boundary in GAMBIT?

To define a moving boundary in GAMBIT, you first need to create a boundary condition by selecting the "Boundary" option in the "Operation" menu. Then, you can specify the type of boundary (e.g. wall, inlet, outlet) and define the movement using a User Defined Function (UDF) or a dynamic boundary condition.

Question 3: What is a User Defined Function (UDF) in GAMBIT?

A User Defined Function (UDF) in GAMBIT is a custom code written in C language that allows for user-defined equations and boundary conditions. This can be used to define the movement of a boundary in a moving boundary simulation.

Question 4: Can I simulate both translation and rotation of a boundary in GAMBIT?

Yes, GAMBIT allows for both translation and rotation of a boundary. This can be defined using a UDF or a dynamic boundary condition, where the movement can be specified in terms of displacement or angular velocity.

Question 5: Are there any limitations to using moving boundaries in GAMBIT?

While GAMBIT offers the capability to simulate moving boundaries, there are some limitations to keep in mind. For example, the simulation may become computationally expensive if there are a large number of moving boundaries. Additionally, the accuracy of the simulation may be affected if the movement of the boundaries is too complex or if there are intersecting boundaries.

Back