Bridge collapses in Washington state

• News
  • Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bridge State
In summary, two cars and some people were submerged in water after a bridge collapsed on Interstate-5 in Washington State. The bridge was reportedly in a poor condition and may have been caused by damage from collisions and age.
jim hardy said:
Core problem is our "Throw-Away" mentality, imho. It's incompatible with maintenance.

Bah! The core problem is not enough workers who know how to handle a hot glue guns.

Cracks in Sellwood Bridge fixed … with glue
Ref

-----------------------
hmmmm... I wonder if it's possible to preemptively ban me from bridge related threads?

<h2>1. How common are bridge collapses in Washington state?</h2><p>Bridge collapses are relatively rare in Washington state. According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, there have only been three major bridge collapses in the state's history.</p><h2>2. What are the main causes of bridge collapses in Washington state?</h2><p>The main causes of bridge collapses in Washington state are typically natural disasters, such as earthquakes or severe weather events, or structural failures due to age or lack of maintenance.</p><h2>3. What safety measures are in place to prevent bridge collapses in Washington state?</h2><p>The Washington State Department of Transportation has strict safety regulations and inspection protocols in place for all bridges in the state. Bridges are regularly inspected and any necessary repairs or updates are made to ensure their safety.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I witness a bridge collapse in Washington state?</h2><p>If you witness a bridge collapse in Washington state, the first thing you should do is call 911 to report the incident. Do not attempt to approach or cross the collapsed bridge, as it may still be unstable and dangerous.</p><h2>5. How can I stay informed about bridge safety in Washington state?</h2><p>The Washington State Department of Transportation regularly updates their website with information about bridge safety and any closures or restrictions due to maintenance or repairs. You can also sign up for alerts from your local news station or follow the Washington State Department of Transportation on social media for updates.</p>

Related to Bridge collapses in Washington state

1. How common are bridge collapses in Washington state?

Bridge collapses are relatively rare in Washington state. According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, there have only been three major bridge collapses in the state's history.

2. What are the main causes of bridge collapses in Washington state?

The main causes of bridge collapses in Washington state are typically natural disasters, such as earthquakes or severe weather events, or structural failures due to age or lack of maintenance.

3. What safety measures are in place to prevent bridge collapses in Washington state?

The Washington State Department of Transportation has strict safety regulations and inspection protocols in place for all bridges in the state. Bridges are regularly inspected and any necessary repairs or updates are made to ensure their safety.

4. What should I do if I witness a bridge collapse in Washington state?

If you witness a bridge collapse in Washington state, the first thing you should do is call 911 to report the incident. Do not attempt to approach or cross the collapsed bridge, as it may still be unstable and dangerous.

5. How can I stay informed about bridge safety in Washington state?

The Washington State Department of Transportation regularly updates their website with information about bridge safety and any closures or restrictions due to maintenance or repairs. You can also sign up for alerts from your local news station or follow the Washington State Department of Transportation on social media for updates.