Build Your Own Sound Generator: 300-1.5 KHz Frequency & Adjustable Volume

In summary, the conversation is about the search for a sound generator with adjustable volume and a frequency range of 300 Hz to 1.5 KHz. The speaker is interested in either purchasing a commercial one or making their own circuit using a wien-bridge oscillator. They are also provided with a helpful website and application sheet for reference.
sniffer
I am looking for sound generator from 300 Hz frequency up to 1.5 KHz, with adjustable volume. Is there such a thing in the electronic market? I also want to know the frequency it produces as I turn the knob.

If I want to make the circuit myself, where do I get the circuit plan?

Engineering news on Phys.org
So you're looking for a signal generator that makes pure sine waves? As far as volume is concerned, you could always use a pre-amp to feed your amplifier that feeds the speakers (or right from the pre-amp to headphones). There are commerical ones but may be slightly difficult to locate.

For circuits it is something you can find via google pretty easily, here's one with a wien-bridge oscillator:
http://sound.westhost.com/project22.htm

And here's a application sheet from national:
http://www.national.com/ms/LB/LB-16.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for your advice, Cliff.
Now I have been reading the website you quoted, and I found it quite comprehensive.

Related to Build Your Own Sound Generator: 300-1.5 KHz Frequency & Adjustable Volume

What is a sound generator?

A sound generator is a device that produces sound waves at specific frequencies and volumes. It is often used in scientific experiments or as a tool for musicians to create different types of sounds.

What is the frequency range of this sound generator?

This sound generator has a frequency range of 300-1.5 KHz. This means it can produce sound waves at frequencies between 300 Hertz and 1,500 Hertz.

Can the frequency be adjusted on this sound generator?

Yes, this sound generator allows you to adjust the frequency within its range of 300-1.5 KHz. This allows for more precise control over the type of sound being produced.

Is the volume adjustable on this sound generator?

Yes, this sound generator has an adjustable volume control. This allows you to increase or decrease the loudness of the sound being produced.

What can I use this sound generator for?

This sound generator has a variety of potential uses, such as creating sound effects for videos or music, testing the frequency response of audio equipment, or conducting scientific experiments that require specific sound frequencies.