Burning Man 2004- The Vault of Heaven

• Thread starter setAI
  • Start date
In summary: I appreciate your input. I actually did read the page before posting, but I missed it. You're correct; I apologize.- WarrenIn summary, the Burning Man festival this year is themed "The Vault of heaven" and astronomy/cosmology- which should provide great opportunities for skywatchers. The desert is vast and there are plenty of dark areas where telescopes can be used to view the night sky.
setAI
I was curious if anyone here is attending the Burning Man festival this year given that the theme is "The Vault of heaven" and astronomy/cosmology- http://www.burningman.com/themecamps_installations/bm04_theme.html

there should be a huge number of telescopes and it's in the middle of the Black Rock dessert- best views on earth!

/:set\AI transmedia laboratories

http://setai-transmedia.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
1) You're looking at only one theme camp. The entire Burning Man event does not have an overriding theme.

2) Quite a bit of the site you linked is hocus-pocus.

- Warren

Isn't Burning Man usually sarounded by huge bonfires and some pyrotechnics? Sounds like the one time the dessert would be a lousy place for skywatchers.

LURCH said:
Isn't Burning Man usually sarounded by huge bonfires and some pyrotechnics? Sounds like the one time the dessert would be a lousy place for skywatchers.

the desert is vast- it's easy to find dark areas- I've traveled all over the world and the Nevada Black Rock Desert has the best night sky visability I've ever seen

chroot said:
1) You're looking at only one theme camp. The entire Burning Man event does not have an overriding theme.

- Warren

this is false statement- every year Burning Man has a central theme- as you can see on the official link- "Burning Man's art theme for 2004 is Vault of Heaven." http://www.burningman.com/ the central Burning Man statue itself is going to be erected on a large observatory-like installation

before you post claims about well publicized events- check your facts-

Last edited:
setAI said:
this is false statement- every year Burning Man has a central theme- as you can see on the official link- "Burning Man's art theme for 2004 is Vault of Heaven." http://www.burningman.com/ the central Burning Man statue itself is going to be erected on a large observatory-like installation

before you post claims about well publicized events- check your facts-
I actually did read the page before posting, but I missed it. You're correct; I apologize.

- Warren

What is the average cost per person to go to Burning Man?

:eek:) Thanks very much.

FAQ: Burning Man 2004- The Vault of Heaven

1. What is Burning Man 2004- The Vault of Heaven?

Burning Man 2004- The Vault of Heaven was the theme for the annual Burning Man festival held in Black Rock City, Nevada in 2004. The theme was inspired by the concept of the "vault of heaven" as a symbol of infinite possibilities and the human desire to explore and understand the unknown.

2. What were some of the key installations or events at Burning Man 2004?

Some notable installations and events at Burning Man 2004 included a giant steel sculpture of a human figure called "Otic Oasis", a 40-foot tall interactive art installation called "The Oasis of Hopes and Dreams", and performances by bands like The Flaming Lips and The String Cheese Incident.

3. How many people attended Burning Man 2004?

According to official records, around 35,000 people attended Burning Man 2004. This was an increase from the previous year, and the festival continued to grow in attendance in the following years.

4. What were some of the challenges faced during Burning Man 2004?

One of the main challenges faced during Burning Man 2004 was a severe dust storm that hit the festival on the third day. The storm caused low visibility and made it difficult for participants to navigate and enjoy the event. However, the community came together to support and help each other during this challenging time.

5. How did Burning Man 2004 contribute to the overall Burning Man experience?

Burning Man 2004 was a significant year for the festival, as it marked the 10th anniversary of the event. The theme of "The Vault of Heaven" added a sense of wonder and exploration to the experience, and the various installations and events created a unique and memorable atmosphere for participants. It also continued to solidify the principles of community, self-expression, and self-reliance that define the Burning Man culture.