C - graphics library for physical models

In summary, the speaker has been asked by their tutor to create a program to demonstrate the 3-body problem. They are comfortable with numerical calculations but need help with moving the bodies on the screen. They prefer to use a library for C on Linux and do not necessarily need a GUI. They mention a cross-platform library, gles2phys, as a possible solution.
irycio
Hello everyone, haven't been here in a while.
My tutor asked me wether I wouldn't be interested in writing a smal program to illustrate one particular case of 3-body problem. I definitely would be, it's just that I've never written any application displaying anything. Numerical calculations shouldn't be a problem, I just need a way to move my 3 bodies around the screen. Since I write in C (Linux), a simple library for that environment would be extremely helpful. Although the possibility of manually changing some parameters of the system (total energy, postions, whatever ;)) is expected, GUI is not necessary - typing them in a console window and than just watch the animated evolution of the system would be just fine.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!

Technology news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

Related to C - graphics library for physical models

1. What is a C - graphics library for physical models?

A C - graphics library for physical models is a set of tools and functions designed to help scientists and engineers create visual representations of physical models using the C programming language. This allows for the simulation and analysis of various physical phenomena, such as fluid flow, heat transfer, and structural mechanics.

2. What are the benefits of using a C - graphics library for physical models?

Using a C - graphics library for physical models allows for more accurate and efficient simulations, as well as the ability to visualize and analyze complex data. It also provides a faster and more flexible alternative to traditional physical modeling methods.

3. Are there any limitations to using a C - graphics library for physical models?

As with any software, there are some limitations to using a C - graphics library for physical models. These may include a learning curve for those unfamiliar with the C programming language, as well as potential compatibility issues with different operating systems or hardware.

4. Can a C - graphics library for physical models be used for real-world applications?

Yes, a C - graphics library for physical models can be used for real-world applications. It has been used in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, and environmental engineering, to simulate and analyze complex physical systems.

5. How can I get started with using a C - graphics library for physical models?

To get started with using a C - graphics library for physical models, you will first need to have a basic understanding of the C programming language. Then, you can download and install a C - graphics library, such as OpenGL or DirectX, and refer to documentation and tutorials to learn how to use it for physical modeling.