C++: Replacing Characters in A String

• C/C++
  • Thread starter ineedhelpnow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    String
In summary, to replace a specific character in a string in C++, you can use the replace() function with the index of the character, the number of characters to replace, and the new character. This function can also replace multiple characters at once and can be used to replace a character at a specific position. Additionally, the replace() function can be used with different data types, but may require type conversion. Alternatively, the substr() function can be used to extract and modify a portion of the original string without changing the original string.
ineedhelpnow
Replace any space ' ' by '_' in 2-character string passCode.

Sample program:

Code:
#include 
#include 
#include 
using namespace std;

int main() {
   string passCode;

passCode = "1 ";

<student code>

cout << passCode << endl;
   return 0;
}

I'm super lost on this. I could definitely use some help/hints. Thanks.

Technology news on Phys.org
Check if the 0th character is a space. If so, assign [m]'_'[/m] to it. Do the same with the 1st character.

Related to C++: Replacing Characters in A String

1. How do I replace a specific character in a string in C++?

To replace a specific character in a string, you can use the replace() function in C++. This function takes in the index of the character you want to replace, the number of characters to replace, and the new character you want to replace it with.

2. Can I replace multiple characters in a string at once in C++?

Yes, you can use the replace() function to replace multiple characters in a string. Simply specify the index of the first character you want to replace and the number of characters you want to replace, and provide the new characters as a string.

3. How can I replace a character in a string with another character at a specific position in C++?

You can use the replace() function to replace a character in a string with another character at a specific position. Simply specify the index of the character you want to replace and the new character you want to replace it with.

4. Can I use C++ to replace characters in a string with a different data type?

Yes, you can use the replace() function to replace characters in a string with a different data type. However, you may need to convert the data type to a string before using the function.

5. Is there a way to replace characters in a string without modifying the original string in C++?

Yes, you can use the substr() function to extract a specific portion of the original string, modify it, and then concatenate it back to the original string. This way, the original string remains unchanged.