Calculate impedance of a feedback circuit with Blackman's technique

In summary: The first thing I want to say is that the Blackman theorem is a theorem for the open-loop gain, and you've got the wrong version of it given here. The right version is:$$Z_{in}=\frac{R}{1-A}.$$This will give you the right answer for Rs=0, but you can't do this calculation for Rs>0 because you don't know the open-loop gain. If you're going to do Blackman, you need to do it with a known open-loop gain.The second thing I want to say is that it seems like you're doing some kind of analysis on the circuit that involves turning off the feedback. I'm not sure what you're
This has been a fine, collaborative effort. Well done, all contributors!
thumbsup.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes - and caused by an interesting question from the OP (forcing us - includiung me - to remember and apply Blackmans rule).

LvW said:
Yes - and caused by an interesting question from the OP (forcing us - includiung me - to remember and apply Blackmans rule).
@ LvW - just as a final note - the fact that the upper FET can operate as a cascode connection (by suitably setting its gate bias) you can indeed operate the lower FET in the linear mode while keeping Vds essentially constant - meaning your assumption of operating in the linear mode while keeping gm constant, is fully validated.
Over and out!
rm

rude man - thank you for this final remark.