What Are Vout Values for Open and Closed Switch?

In summary, the conversation involved discussing the benefits of exercise and healthy eating habits. The individuals agreed that staying active and eating nutritious food can improve overall physical and mental well-being. They also mentioned the importance of finding a balance and not being too strict with diet and exercise routines.
Edy56
TL;DR Summary: I need to calculate Vout when the switch Is closed and open.

I need to calculate Vout when the switch Is closed and open. Is my work correct?
IMG_20230601_222526.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Edy56 said:
Is my work correct?
Yes.
I get 5.721 V and 4.405 V.

Likes Edy56
Baluncore said:
Yes.
I get 5.721 V and 4.405 V.
Thank youu

Likes berkeman

Related to What Are Vout Values for Open and Closed Switch?

What is Vout in a circuit with a switch?

Vout is the output voltage of a circuit, measured at a specific point, often after a switch. It indicates the voltage level that will be present when the switch is either open or closed.

How does the position of the switch affect Vout?

The position of the switch (open or closed) alters the circuit configuration and can change the path of current flow, thus affecting Vout. When the switch is closed, it may create a short circuit or connect additional components, while an open switch might break the circuit or isolate certain components.

How do I calculate Vout when the switch is open?

When the switch is open, you need to consider the circuit elements that remain connected. Use Ohm's Law (V = IR) and Kirchhoff's Voltage Law to analyze the voltage drops across the remaining components to determine Vout.

How do I calculate Vout when the switch is closed?

When the switch is closed, it may alter the circuit by creating new paths for current flow. You should re-draw the circuit with the switch closed, identify the new configuration, and then apply Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Laws to find the new Vout.

What tools or methods can I use to simulate Vout with a switch?

You can use circuit simulation software like SPICE, Multisim, or LTspice to model the circuit with the switch. These tools allow you to simulate the circuit behavior with the switch in different positions and calculate Vout accurately.