Calculating Angular acceleration of wheel

In summary, the problem asks for the angular acceleration in radians per second squared of a wheel that starts from rest and reaches an angular velocity of 545 revolutions per minute in 1.00 minute. The angular displacement of the wheel in radians during the first 0.500 min is (545)*(0.500min) and in the second 0.500 min is (545)*(0.500min). To convert revolutions per minute to radians per second, use the formula Rad/s = (2π * revolutions)/ (time in seconds). The units for angular velocity are Rad/s, and the units for angular acceleration are Rad/s^2. The problem also asks for the class of lever of a test tube used in chemistry,
AkkiJay

Homework Statement

Calculate the angular acceleration in radians per second squared of a wheel that starts from rest and attains an angular velocity of 545 revolutions per minute in 1.00 minute. (a) What is the angular displacement in radians of the wheel during the first 0.500 min? (b) During the second 0.500min?

Homework Equations

d=T/I
v=d/t
Angular speed/time interval=angular acceleration

The Attempt at a Solution

v*t=d 545 * 1=545
(545)*(0.500min)

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
What are the units for angular velocity?

TaxOnFear said:
What are the units for angular velocity?

...and how do you convert revolutions per minute to this unit?

DoTell said:
...and how do you convert revolutions per minute to this unit?

That's what I'm asking the OP to do. We can't do the work for him, but point him in the right direction.

Radians per second squared i think the answer should be in...can you tell me the right formulas to use because i am not sure if these are right or not.

Nearly, that's the units for angular acceleration. Angular velocity is Rad/s.

The problem asks you to find the angular acceleration first, so do that, and we'll go from there.

Ok, I have found that answer already...Can you tell me what type of lever (what class) is testtube that we use in chemistry? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd...I am thinking 1st

FAQ: Calculating Angular acceleration of wheel

What is angular acceleration of a wheel?

Angular acceleration is the rate at which the angular velocity of a wheel changes over time. It is measured in radians per second squared (rad/s^2).

How is angular acceleration of a wheel calculated?

Angular acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in angular velocity by the change in time. The formula is α = (ω2 - ω1) / (t2 - t1), where α is angular acceleration, ω is angular velocity, and t is time.

What factors affect the angular acceleration of a wheel?

The angular acceleration of a wheel is affected by the torque applied to it, the moment of inertia of the wheel, and the mass and distribution of mass of the wheel.

What is the difference between angular acceleration and linear acceleration?

Angular acceleration refers to the change in rotational motion of an object, while linear acceleration refers to the change in linear motion. Angular acceleration is measured in radians per second squared, while linear acceleration is measured in meters per second squared.

Why is calculating angular acceleration important?

Calculating angular acceleration can help in understanding the motion and behavior of rotating objects, such as wheels. It is also important in many engineering applications, such as designing and optimizing machinery and vehicles.

Back