Calculating Banks-Zaks Fixed Point for Magnetic SQCD?

• Thread starter yair
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magnetic
In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of the Banks-Zaks fixed point for the magnetic dual of SQCD. The formula for this can be found in equations (2.1)-(2.3) of hep-ph/9311340v4. The conversation also mentions some equations related to this calculation, including Y(ijk)Y(ijk)=(4/36)Nc*Nf^2, S(R)=(1/2)*2Nf= Nf, C(G)=Nf-Nc, D(G)=(Nf-Nc)^2-1, and C(R)=(Nf-Nc)^2 -1/2(Nf-Nc). However, the resulting answer is incorrect and the speaker is seeking help
yair

Homework Statement

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate the Banks-Zaks fixed point for the magnetic dual of SQCD.
the formula for it is in hep-ph/9311340v4 - equations (2.1)-(2.3).

Homework Equations

I've found Y(ijk)Y(ijk)=(4/36)Nc*Nf^2.
S(R)=(1/2)*2Nf= Nf
C(G)=Nf-Nc
D(G)=(Nf-Nc)^2-1
C(R)=(Nf-Nc)^2 -1/2(Nf-Nc)

but putting all there into (2.1)-(2.3) giving me answer with wrong numerical factor.
Could someone help?
the answer should be g^2/16(pi)^2 = (14/3)(2Nf-3Nc)/Nc
and y^2/16(pi)^2 = (4/3)(2Nf-3Nc)/Nc.

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have time right now to check your work, but there's a formula for the beta function of SQCD that you can use to check some intermediate steps. Look at equation 5.1 of http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9509066 . That's for the original theory, but you can rewrite it in terms of the dual variables.

In the paper you wrote they have calculated the NSVZ beta function to the electric phase.
the calculation in the magnetic phase in more complicated becouse you have superpotential.
the only way to solve this is to use formula (7) from http://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-ph/9308304
and remember we're working with SU(Nf-Nc) i.e d(G)=(Nf-Nc)^2 - 1.

FAQ: Calculating Banks-Zaks Fixed Point for Magnetic SQCD?

1. What is a Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd?

A Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd is a type of theory in quantum field theory that describes the behavior of strongly interacting particles in the presence of a strong magnetic field.

2. How does Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd differ from other theories?

Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd is unique because it takes into account the effects of a strong magnetic field, which can significantly alter the behavior of particles compared to other theories that do not consider this factor.

3. What is the significance of studying Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd?

Studying Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd can provide insights into the behavior of strongly interacting particles in extreme environments, such as in the early universe or in the cores of neutron stars.

4. How is Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd related to other areas of physics?

Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd has connections to many other areas of physics, including condensed matter physics, string theory, and cosmology. It also has applications in the study of high-energy particle collisions.

5. What are some current research topics related to Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd?

Some current research topics related to Banks-zaks for magnetic sqcd include its applications in the study of quark-gluon plasma, its connections to topological phases of matter, and its role in understanding the QCD phase diagram.

Back