Can a Fushigi Gravity Ball replace K'NEX cars on a rollercoaster?

In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of a K'NEX rollercoaster that uses a Fushigi Gravity Ball instead of the standard K'NEX cars. The design was thought of during chemistry homework and completed in two days. The conversation also includes praise for the rigid structure and adaptation of existing roller coaster designs, as well as suggestions for improvement such as a larger and more complicated rollercoaster and a vertical lift for efficiency. There is also a discussion on how to prevent shaking when the ball goes around curves, with the creator explaining the substantial substructure built to prevent this issue.
The Maker
Hello Physics Formums, because of constructive feedback I have decided to create a K'NEX Rollercoaster that uses a Fushigi Gravity Ball instead of the standard K'NEX cars. I thought of the design while I was doing chemistry homework, and after I finished my homework I got to work. Two days later I completed it! Here is the video.

Thank you and please comment with any questions!

Likes Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Engineering news on Phys.org
I like it, :smile: This time your structure is very rigid. Good for you.
If it was very much bigger, it may not be rigid enough and the ball might fall off the track. How would you improve that?

You also did well adapting existing roller coaster designs for lifting the car up the first hill. No need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.

If you decide to study engineering, I think you'll do well.

Thank you anorlunda, I plan to make a larger more complicated rollercoaster. I think that a vertical lift would be very efficient.

The Maker said:
Thank you anorlunda, I plan to make a larger more complicated rollercoaster. I think that a vertical lift would be very efficient.

How to prevent it from shaking when the ball goes around the curve?

anorlunda said:
How to prevent it from shaking when the ball goes around the curve?
The ball never goes around a curve very fast and I built the substructure very substantially.

Here is a time lapse of the above video

Likes anorlunda and berkeman

Related to Can a Fushigi Gravity Ball replace K'NEX cars on a rollercoaster?

1. What is the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi?

The K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi is a building set that allows you to create your own rollercoaster using K'NEX pieces. It combines the fun of building with the excitement of a rollercoaster ride.

2. How many pieces does the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi come with?

The K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi comes with 813 pieces, including track, rods, connectors, and a motor. This is enough to create a functioning rollercoaster with twists, turns, and loops.

3. Is the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi suitable for all ages?

The K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi is recommended for ages 9 and up. It may be challenging for younger children to build on their own, but they can still enjoy playing with the completed rollercoaster under adult supervision.

4. Can you customize the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi with other K'NEX sets?

Yes, you can combine the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi with other K'NEX sets to create a larger and more complex rollercoaster. This allows for endless possibilities and creativity.

5. Does the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi come with instructions?

Yes, the K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi comes with step-by-step instructions to help you build the rollercoaster. You can also find additional building ideas and instructions on the K'NEX website.