Can a German Newcomer Become a Successful Sci-Fi Author?

• Thread starter DeverX
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible for a German newcomer to become a successful sci-fi author, as demonstrated by the success of German authors such as Andreas Eschbach and Frank Schätzing in the genre. However, it may require a strong understanding of the English language and market, as well as a unique and compelling perspective to stand out in the competitive sci-fi industry. Networking and building connections with other established authors and publishers may also be beneficial for a newcomer's success. Ultimately, talent, hard work, and perseverance are key factors in achieving success as a sci-fi author, regardless of nationality.
DeverX
Hi there,

my name is Michael, I'm a 37 year old german who is trying becoming a autor.

I came here to get some topics clear for my storie and because i want to keep it as "real" as possible there is no other way than asking for help.

I would like to say "sorry" in advance for my maybe poor english or sometimes wrong words... that's the fault of the german school system :D...

Thats enough for now...

And Han shot first...

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

DeverX said:
I came here to get some topics clear for my storie and because i want to keep it as "real" as possible there is no other way than asking for help.

Check out the sci-fi writing and worldbuilding forum!