Can a Junior Chemistry Major Survive This Fall Schedule?

• Thread starter salazar888
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is a Junior, Chemistry major with a demanding schedule for the fall semester including Inorganic Chemistry, Inorganic Lab, Advanced Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Calculus III. They are unsure if they can handle the workload and maintain straight A's, but are currently excelling in Calculus II over the summer. The listener also questions the absence of physical chemistry classes and the inclusion of Calculus III, which is typically taken in the final year of studies.
salazar888
I'm a Junior, Chemistry major. My schedule for the fall is the following.
Inorganic Chemistry, Inorganic Lab, Advanced Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Calculus III. Is this suicidal? or is it possible to pull straight A's having these classes? I have the capacities. I'm just worried about the time. I'm currently taking Calculus II during summer II and doing really well. I feel this could be just as much work as I'm going to have in the fall. Any advices?.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Seems reasonable, though I wonder where your physical chemistry classes are, and why Calculus III (this almost seems like a final year maths course to me).

Related to Can a Junior Chemistry Major Survive This Fall Schedule?

1. Is it possible to give advice based on scientific evidence?

Yes, as a scientist, I am trained to analyze data and research in order to provide evidence-based advice.

2. How can I trust the advice given by a scientist?

The advice given by a scientist is based on rigorous research and data analysis, which undergoes peer-review and validation by other experts in the field. This ensures the accuracy and reliability of the advice.

3. Can a scientist provide advice on any topic?

As a scientist, I have expertise in a specific field of study. While I can provide advice on topics related to my field, I may not have the necessary knowledge or expertise to provide advice on other topics.

4. How does scientific advice differ from personal opinions or beliefs?

Scientific advice is based on empirical evidence and is not influenced by personal opinions or beliefs. It is objective and follows a systematic approach to gather and analyze data.

5. Can scientific advice change over time?

Yes, as new research and data become available, scientific advice can be updated and may change over time. This is because science is a constantly evolving field, and our understanding of certain topics may change as we gather more evidence.