Can an HVAC Service Company Owner Learn Science Through Empirical Understanding?

• Thread starter Wayne3210
  • Start date
In summary, an HVAC service company owner can learn science through empirical understanding by studying and applying scientific principles in their work. They can also gain knowledge through hands-on experience and experimentation, as well as staying updated on advancements and developments in the field. By understanding the scientific principles behind their work, an HVAC service company owner can improve their services, troubleshoot issues more effectively, and make informed decisions for their business. However, formal education and training in science can also greatly benefit an HVAC service company owner in gaining a deeper understanding and mastery of scientific concepts and techniques.
Wayne3210
Just registered with the forum and following the "instructions"...:biggrin:

I'm not a "science professional". Studied physics long ago for my BS major, but have forgotten most of what I might have learned. Work was always technical in nature, but nowhere near any definition of "advanced". For the past two decades, I've made my living as a one-man HVAC service company owner...mostly "fixing" stuff. And there's a lot of science involved with fixing stuff I don't fully understand but have gained enough empirical understanding to be "proficient" at what I do.

Thanks for letting me in, and please be patient with my dumb questions that will occasionally follow...:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.