Can anyone solve my PDE equation?

• Thread starter mazen.azhari
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pde
In summary, solving a PDE equation depends on its complexity and can involve multiple solutions or numerical approximations. The time it takes to solve a PDE equation varies and can range from seconds to days. A computer is often needed to solve PDE equations, but simpler equations can also be solved by hand. PDEs involve multiple independent variables and their partial derivatives, while ODEs involve only one independent variable and its derivatives. There are many real-world applications of solving PDE equations, including in physics, engineering, and developing computer simulations and predictive models.
mazen.azhari
i have this 2 equation to be solved, can someone help me with it please?
1- let m= m(x;y;z)
solve2((d^3/dx^3)+3(d/dx)(d^2/dy^2)-(d/dx)(d/dy))*m(x;y;z)=0

2-let m=m(x;y;z) solve (ydx+ydz)*m=m

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't really know. But if you categorize it by order, linearity, homogeneity, etc. then you can look up techniques for solving that particular type of equation.

Oh, solve2? Are you using some software? Which software?

Related to Can anyone solve my PDE equation?

1. Can anyone solve my PDE equation?

It depends on the complexity of your specific PDE equation. Some equations are easier to solve than others, and there may be multiple solutions or only numerical approximations available. It is recommended to consult with a mathematician or a specialized software for solving PDE equations.

2. How long does it take to solve a PDE equation?

The time it takes to solve a PDE equation depends on various factors such as the complexity of the equation, the numerical method used, and the computing power available. Some equations can be solved in a matter of seconds, while others may require hours or even days.

3. Do I need a computer to solve a PDE equation?

Most PDE equations cannot be solved analytically and require numerical methods to find solutions. These methods often involve extensive calculations and are best performed using a computer. However, for simpler equations, it is possible to solve them by hand using mathematical techniques.

4. What is the difference between a PDE and an ODE?

A PDE (Partial Differential Equation) involves multiple independent variables and their partial derivatives, while an ODE (Ordinary Differential Equation) involves only one independent variable and its derivatives. PDEs are often used to model physical phenomena in multiple dimensions, while ODEs are used to model processes in one dimension.

5. Are there any real-world applications of solving PDE equations?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of solving PDE equations. They are widely used in physics, engineering, and other fields to model and understand complex systems such as fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and electromagnetism. PDE equations also play a crucial role in developing computer simulations and predictive models for various phenomena.