Can I Control a 2-Way Motor and Change Direction without an Arduino?

In summary, to control a 2-way motor and change direction after a few rotations per minute without an Arduino, an h-bridge is needed. This can be achieved with stepper motors and controllers. However, if using an Arduino, a motor shield such as the Arduino Motor Shield R3 is recommended.
innovation001
how can I control 2-way motor, to be specific I want to change direction after few rpm, is it possible to do it without arduino

Engineering news on Phys.org
innovation001 said:
how can I control 2-way motor, to be specific I want to change direction after few rpm, is it possible to do it without arduino

Yes you can do it. Google "stepper motors" and "stepper controllers".

innovation001 said:
is this possible to control DC 12V motor with arduino ?
do you mean DIRECTLY from the arudino pins... no

do you mean with control signals from an arduino... yes

why don't you look at the link I posted

Related to Can I Control a 2-Way Motor and Change Direction without an Arduino?

What is 2 way motor control?

2 way motor control is a method of controlling a motor that allows for both forward and reverse movement. This is often used in machines and devices that require precise and reversible movement, such as robotics or industrial equipment.

How does 2 way motor control work?

2 way motor control works by using a power source, such as a battery, to send current through the motor in two different directions. This is achieved by using a circuit with two switches, one for forward movement and one for reverse movement. By toggling these switches, the current flow through the motor can be changed, causing it to move in the desired direction.

What are the benefits of 2 way motor control?

2 way motor control allows for more precise and versatile movement of a motor. It also reduces the need for additional components, such as external gears or pulleys, to achieve reverse movement. This can save space and reduce the complexity of a system.

What types of motors can be controlled using 2 way motor control?

2 way motor control can be used with a variety of motor types, including DC motors, stepper motors, and servo motors. However, the specific circuit and control method may vary depending on the type of motor being used.

Are there any limitations to 2 way motor control?

One limitation of 2 way motor control is that it requires a power source, such as a battery, to function. This can limit its use in certain applications where a power source may not be readily available. Additionally, 2 way motor control may not be suitable for high-power motors, as the circuit and switches may not be able to handle the current required for these motors.