Can I delete my threads somehow?

• Thread starter erkant
  • Start date
In summary, it is not possible to delete threads that have been started on Physics Forums. The forum rules state that member accounts and posts cannot be deleted on demand, and posts are considered permanent for the benefit of all users. However, users can click the Report button on their post to request that the Mentors delete it.
erkant
I want to ask whether I can delete the threads that I have started. As long as I see there isn't any option like this. Can someone give me more information about this?

Physics news on Phys.org
erkant said:
I want to ask whether I can delete the threads that I have started. As long as I see there isn't any option like this. Can someone give me more information about this?

Just click the Report button on your post, and ask the Mentors to delete it.

Note that we do not delete threads that have replies.

Last edited:
erkant said:

You agreed to Physics Forums Rules when you registered. These rules state
Greg Bernhardt said:
Neither member accounts nor a member's posts will be deleted on demand. It is up to the discretion of the forum owners and admins. Posts are for everyone's benefit and should be thought of as permanent.

Related to Can I delete my threads somehow?

1. Can I delete a thread that I created on a forum?

Yes, you can typically delete a thread that you created on a forum. This option is usually available within the settings or options menu for the specific thread. However, some forums may not allow users to delete threads.

2. Will deleting my thread also delete all of the replies and comments?

Yes, deleting a thread will typically also delete all of the replies and comments associated with it. This helps to keep the forum organized and prevents orphaned comments from appearing.

3. Is it possible to recover a deleted thread?

It depends on the forum's policies and settings. Some forums may have a trash or recycle bin feature where deleted threads can be restored within a certain timeframe. However, once the timeframe has passed, it is usually not possible to recover a deleted thread.

4. Can moderators or administrators delete my thread without my permission?

Yes, moderators or administrators typically have the authority to delete threads on a forum. This is often done to remove spam or inappropriate content. However, they may also delete threads if they violate the forum's guidelines or policies.

5. Will deleting my thread also remove it from search engine results?

Deleting a thread may not automatically remove it from search engine results. It may take some time for the search engine to update its results and remove the deleted thread. Some forums also have an option to request removal from search engine results when deleting a thread.