Can I get exact 110vac in anyway?

• Thread starter Azee
  • Start date
In summary: You will almost certainly need to consult with the manufacturer or look online for more specific information on the requirements of the machine in question.
Azee
First of all THANKS A LOT to all those who helped me by replyig to my earlier posts.

Hello Everyone,
I have 220v supply in my area with a voltage fluctuations.
I want to run 5 amp, 110vac 60hz weighing machine on it with a 220v to 110v inverter that doesn't survives voltage fluctuations.
What inverter, converter, ups, backup power supply tool i need to use that never goes to 109vac or 111vac & stables at 110vac?
Is there anything manufactured or available on market that can HOLD & GRIP 110vac for me from 220vac fluctuated power supply?
Awaiting reply.

Engineering news on Phys.org
There will always be fluctuations of mains voltage often easily up to 10 - 15%

To drop that to just a few % you could use a battery powered inverter which would be much more stable some I have seen are usually 5% or less in output fluctuation.

But when it comes down to it, if yoo have a mains appliance of some sort and it cannot handle a fluctuation of 10 - 15% then its design is extremely poor and you should probably be looking for a more reliable piece of equipment

Dave

Azee said:
I have 220v supply in my area with a voltage fluctuations.
I want to run 5 amp, 110vac 60hz weighing machine on it with a 220v to 110v inverter that doesn't survives voltage fluctuations.
What inverter, converter, ups, backup power supply tool i need to use that never goes to 109vac or 111vac & stables at 110vac?
I think you will have to rely on google searches. You haven't indicated whether it is necessary to convert the frequency, also, and that will be important. You say your weighing machine requires 60Hz, but if your country's electricity supply is 50Hz you should first check the machine's documentation, you may discover it can also work off 50Hz. Whatever it needs, you will have to be sure to provide.

Azee said:

Hi Azee. How exactly did you come to the conclusion that your machine requires a voltage tolerance of better than +/- 1%

If this is a commercially available machine then it is overwhelming unlikely that it would really require such a tight tolerance, for the simple reason that nowhere in the world is power delivered at that level of tolerance!

Related to Can I get exact 110vac in anyway?

1. What does 110vac mean?

110vac stands for 110 volts of alternating current, which is the standard voltage used in most household outlets in the United States.

2. Why would someone need to get exact 110vac?

Some electronic devices and appliances may only be compatible with 110vac, and using a different voltage could potentially damage them. Additionally, certain equipment or machinery may require 110vac for proper functioning.

3. How can I ensure that I am getting exact 110vac?

The best way to ensure that you are getting exact 110vac is to use a voltage meter or multimeter to measure the voltage of the outlet. You can also check the voltage specifications of your device or equipment to make sure it is compatible with 110vac.

4. Is it possible to convert a different voltage to 110vac?

Yes, it is possible to convert a different voltage to 110vac using a voltage converter or transformer. However, it is important to note that some devices may not function properly even with a converter, so it is always best to check the voltage specifications of your device before attempting to convert the voltage.

5. Are there any safety concerns when working with 110vac?

Yes, there are safety concerns when working with any voltage, including 110vac. It is important to always follow proper safety precautions and use protective gear when handling electrical equipment. It is also recommended to consult a professional electrician if you are unsure about working with 110vac.